Fenix Outfitters        

Thread: poverty level rise in US

Unhappy poverty level rise in US

I read news report indicating poverty level increased significantly in the US. This is the URL: http://www.nytimes.com/2005/08/31/na...rtner=homepage

The report doesn't reveal that the job market is very tight. Earning levels have eroded for many years prior to Bush administration. I wonder if many old people will be able to afford medication if they get sick or injured. How will they pay for cost of hospital stay for injuries?
    Admiral of Starfleet Special Operation Forces. We are the vanguard of the Federation against hostile forces.

Default Re: poverty level rise in US

ive lived in povert for a while it sucks but man im sure glad i live in usa/being poor here aint as bad i make genelry below 7 k per year but i eat every day .and have roof over my head but id sure hate to make less
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

I was in poverty level too but I used to live with my parents rent free. Women don't like guys living in this condition. One can't raise a family at all.
    Admiral of Starfleet Special Operation Forces. We are the vanguard of the Federation against hostile forces.

true that ill never have family but im still happy i live in usa .i even have internt and cable tv .no car or other stuff but imm very gratefull i can make it.... im going to be working on makiing money from my house reslling stuff on ebay my dad is going to help me .some day ill be driveing a kick but car i hope.anything is posable here
    Last edited by raggie33; 08-30-2005 at 10:06 PM.
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

*Flashaholic*

Well, officially my income puts me well under the poverty level except that I live with my parents. The poverty situation is only going to get worse with the outsourcing of jobs to overseas and the increased hoarding of wealth by the richest 1%. As I said in another thread I've heard of people happy to get work for $2 an hour. When I worked in my friend's taximeter shop for a month last year to help with the rate change there was a guy there working for $9 an hour and happy to get it. I heard he used to make $100,000 until he was laid off.

Flashaholic*

Ironic Re: poverty level rise in US

Only in America do the 'poor' have a home, a car, and a television (probably more than one)...

Mark