What's on your key chain?

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
We haven't done this in a while and after I reviewed the new gadgets I know there have been some changes in key ring EDC's. Mine is getting a bit heavy but I'm sure it's a lighweight compared to some of you nuts.
Post a pic if you can and a list of items.

I will have to shoot a pic later.

I still don't have a pic but...
Several keys to padlocks and a couple of cars. ARC AAA, Leatherman Squirt, Lexar USB 1gb sport, 3 split rings attatched to a Berkley gate clip.

At some point I would like to ditch 2 of the split rings and get 3 Berkely Mini Clips.

Last edited:

rscanady

Enlightened
Jil DD Up, Leatherman Squirt P4, Pill container for aspiring and keys. Oh yea and Wile E Coyote "Super Genius" Fob

Ryan

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
keys(of course), gerber ridge knife , and a keychain version of a figure 8 descender.

I'm in the process of finding a new light for my keychain.

I keep them together on a carabiner( one of those from a hardware store, not the cheap colored ones that break after a couple of months.)

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
eight keys, photon III, P-38 and a Victorinox rambler. I usually have a P4 and an Arc AAA with me when I'm not running in my lightweight mode.

rycen

Enlightened
DSCF0294.jpg

sotyakr

Enlightened
Keys (8), Keyless Remote (Subaru), Arc AAA-LE (w/Berkeley Point Mini Clip), Spyderco Ladybug II (w/Berkeley Point Mini Clip).

heathah

Newly Enlightened
House key, P.O. Box key, Swiss+Tech Utili-Key, Leatherman Micra, Swiss+Tech Micro-Plus, Gerber Deluxe Utility Clippers, Gerber Sonic LED Flashlight.

I have 2 other keychains for vehicles that have a Swiss+Tech Micro-Pro XL, a Swiss+Tech Screwz-All and a Swiss+Tech Utili-Key on each.

My office keys are on a Swiss+Tech Screwz-All.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Just vehicle, house, and work keys plus a "Powerful Pete" screwdriver. I really don't like having a lot on the keychain. Too painful to sit on. I've also heard "Click and Clack", the car guys on NPR, comment numerous times about too much weight on a keychain contributing to ignition switch failure.

Geoff

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently, my keychain is home to only two keys: car and house. Right on the split ring with them is a Zinc-Air Firefli which is practically invisible and weightless.

Attatched to the split ring is a clip from an Inova Microlight that houses a Victorinox Signature II (I find its the best way to always have a pen and a better-than-nothing knife on me) and a Peak Matterhorn 1LED Snow Ultra.

I find this setup fairly non-clunky as the car key, the knife and the Matterhorn are all approx the same length and can be finagled to lay next to each other in my front pocket.

I am thinking about a replacement for the Inova clip however, as it was responsible for the loss of my Arc AAA rev4. I still want something that will allow me to quickly detatch the Peak and the knife that doesn't take up much space but won't let anything go accidentally.

Screehopper

Enlightened
Full-size carabiner
Obligatory keys
Photo Micro II (replaced my intermittently working ARC AAA)
Whistle

For everything else I EDC, the items reside on my belt on in my pockets

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my rather obese keychain I have (in addition to keys):

Victorinox Rambler
Swiss-Tech Micro-Plus 8in1 tool
P-38 (can opener)
Arc AAA flashlight

Each on their own size 7 stainless steel split ring slid onto a 3/8" spring clip/snap hook.

Mike

elgarak

Flashlight Enthusiast
House and office keys
Victorinox Classic SD
Arc-P 4th Gen
Carabiner

Car keys are on a different keychain with the car remote

DieselDave

Super Moderator,
I'm seeing some stuff that doesn't ring a bell.

"Powerful Pete" screwdriver?
Jil DD Up?
Wile E Coyote "Super Genius" Fob?

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
rscanady said:
x-ray,
is that a Segway key on your keychain? If it is man those things are a blast!

Ryan

Not sure which key your refering to but I don't own a Segway, although they do look kinda fun :)

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine's pretty plain:

Keybunch (5 keys)
Keytag with: reward if found note (with my mobile number), road assistance membership
Arc AAA-P rev 4

Pretty basic but I find a large key bunch annoying. I also find using a SAK/knife with a key bunch attached annoying, they get in the way when I'm working. I carry a leatherman blast, small sebenza and a hds edc seperately.

Last edited: