Thread: "McR- xx" Reflectors

Default Re: "McR- xx" Reflectors

Quote Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
    Hi fyrstormer,

thanks a lot for the link!

I entered "reflector" into the search function and got only the

How did you get that longer list?!

I also still wonder about this:

(1) What is approximately the opening angle of the beam when using one of the McR-18, McR-19 and McR-20?
    Unfortunately neither the specs under http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...uot-Reflectors
    nor http://dmcleish.com/CPF/reflectors/ tell.
    (2) What is the difference between a McR-XX and a McR-XX-S?
    Just different measurements (e.g. from front/back) of the otherwise identical reflector?
    (3) Any ideas on where to find a constant current source for 6 A?!

Again, thanks a lot!
    LarsB
    Last edited by LarsB; 03-16-2012 at 09:53 AM.

I didn't search, I used the menu. "Mod Shoppe > Opticalware > Reflectors".

The difference between the McR20 and the McR20S is that one is designed for a Luxeon emitter and the other is designed for a Seoul emitter. The functional difference is the McR20S is slightly shorter at the back end, and the opening is slightly wider. That changes the focal point slightly. The -XR reflectors are designed for Cree XR-E emitters, which have a narrower beam pattern than other emitters.

The "Dimensions" PDF file for the McR19-XR says the diameter of the reflector is 16.71mm and the depth of the reflector is 19.89mm. When I use the trigonometry calculator linked below, with the radius of the reflector input as Side A and the depth of the reflector input as Side B, the result for Angle A is 22.79 degrees. So the beam angle for the McR19-XR is going to be approximately 2x that, which is 45.58 degrees.

http://www.carbidedepot.com/formulas-trigright.asp
    Last edited by fyrstormer; 03-16-2012 at 10:06 AM.

Hopefully this is the right place to ask, but I'm wondering about the availability of shorter reflectors like the McR-8, McR-10 and McR-16. Is the Shoppe the only place that sells these? What if these were required in larger numbers than the Shoppe can accommodate?

The McR series of reflectors is basically history. Certainly as regards to aftermarket availability. Sorry.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Ah OK. I had that feeling lol. I'll keep searching for good, small sized reflectors