• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Hotlips with TW0M, ready to use

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
FS: Hotlips with TW0M LuxIII or VX1T, ready to use

Hi all

I received a batch of LuxIII stars binned TW0M 2 days ago and thought I'd turn them into Hotlips-D (and C) config2's. Perfect direct drive (DD) material!!! Simply solder 2 wires from the LED to the switch.

I have 16 pieces only.

Cost: $36ea + $6 postage. Can take up to 6 pieces.
Paypal: howard @@ howardtee .. com

EDIT. Can also do a LuxV, VX1T, with a boost or buck driver....

Last edited:

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Hotlips with TW0M LuxIII, ready to use

Here are some pics....

hotlips_with_tw0ms.jpg

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Hi Howard, these look pretty cool..ahh hot... and cool!! hehehe ;)

Sorry if this is a bit O/T but do you sell complete kits for a mag 3d mod with a 5W or something similar designed for flood lighting rather than throw?

It would be easier to source everything from within Oz I think.

Thanks Howard!!

Tim.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Tim :D

Yep, can do a LuxeonV with a boost circuit. By flood, do you mean not using a reflector or using a LuxV instead of a LuxIII

Howard

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Sorry for the late reply Howard, I mean a luxV but I have not sourced any parts apart from the 3D mag. If I have 3 x 7000mAh rechargeable D batts, would I need a buck or boost with the luxV?

Incidentally, do you know where I can buy 3 small lights suitable for my boys in my bridal party? I'm thinking along the lines of Solitaire mods, mini mag mods - all LED of course, not hotwire. New condition is preferable.

I'm getting married in November and also need to keep co$t$ down if I can! ;)

Anyway, have bookmarked this thread now, will be kept up to date on it from now on.

Thanks Howard!

Tim. :thumbsup:

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Tim

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding :) Have you laid down the law yet... "you are marrying me and my torches"? :D :D

You would need a driver with boost topology. I can send you a Fatman, Hotlips and LuxV (VX1T) and you can put it together :). Solitaire = 1xAAA? AFAIK, there are a few modders who have done AAA Luxeon mods (cpf LED ASAP I recall).

You could also use the Q-III. I've got a few spare in their retail packs which I bought some 4-5 months back. They're great value and very punchy. Beats the pants off the Solataire :D

PM or EM me for details if you want to go down that path.

H

OddBall

Newly Enlightened
Hi Howard, this will be my third and final attempt to type this in the hope it doesn't get chomped by the CPF Ghost in the Machine!! :D

Thanks for your congrats; yes I am the Law Maker when it comes to the lights... I keep em well hidden until I get caught. :)

Could you please pm me with a price for four of the QIIIs, they're unmoddded, right?

Also a price on the Hotty-lips with LUXV and fatboy, if that's what's going to work with my 3D mag. Yes, I'm happy to assemble myself thanks. :D

Do you know if there's a dimming option in there somewhere? Also, what runtime should I expect?

Does the cammed reflector in the mag get in the way or hit the luxV?

Do you know the general cost to mod a QIII?

Thanks Howard, I'm going to save this text and get it to you somehow!!

Regards,

Tim. aka P/Power as well.

ps: Really sorry for all the questions! :thanks:

Last edited:

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
I am wondering about what kind of batt's I would need to feed the Lux III in DD in a 2 or 3 D mag? I also dont mind doing soum sodering but not good at sodering to components. Sent PM with qushtons. Also just gessing that this "should" stomp all over a one watt dimond dropin?

David.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oddball... ALL your questions answered. :)

KE7AYF... PMs replied. I would use a 3D host and not use any resistors. Soldering is very simple. I will solder 2 wires to the LED through the Hotlips wire holes so all you need to do is the solder the red white to the positive part of the switch and black to switch negative.

The only other thing you need to do is to cut the reflector stalk (cam) just above (see pic) the apex of the reflector. IMPORTANT: Do not touch/cut the apex of the reflector.

hotlipsDinMag2d-reflector.jpg