Rechargeable CR123 at 3.0V

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
www.batteryspace.com said:
Note: Peak voltage of 3.0V Li-Ion will be 3.8V after fully charged. Once loaded, cell's voltage will drap to 3.2- 3.0V

ckcanon

Newly Enlightened
Might have been a great battery for the SL TL3 but Batteryspace won't sell individual batteries - you only get 4 with the charger, but need 6 to be useful for the Streamlight.:awman:

Guess it's going to be AW's protected 17500's.

Last edited:
E

Emilion

XenonM3 said:
I got them in the mail today, and they measured 3.4V and that is not fresh off the chager too.

My experience with these "3.0v" R123 :
3pcs in my M3 works fine, but the bulb brcomes black coated inside after 4-5 cycles.

NextLight

Enlightened
Insta-flashed my MN03 that only had ~2 hours on it. Two haven't hurt my KL4, but it is darn hard to measure the applied voltage at startup. (Does the KL4 circuit have a cap on the input?) I have switched to a Mc2e two stage tailcap on my L4 for convenience, battery life, AND insurance against high startup voltage on these batteries.

I expected the Batteryspace cells to come off the charger at 3.7V no load, and be ~3.2V under load. No load voltage straight off the charger is 4.24V !! This is enough to kill some of the microcontroller based LED lights, if the few uA the microcontroller draws in the "Off" mode is not enough for the batteries to regulate down...

Nick Payne

Newly Enlightened
I received some a couple of days ago. They come off the charger at 4.1V, but they do run a PeakLED Caribbean and a Nuwai ALX-352 without any problems, whereas some Delkin RCR123A that I have for a camera do not.

BTW, mine came, for some reason, with six batteries rather than the four that were shown on the web page where I ordered...

Nick

D

Dae

Nick Payne said:
I received some a couple of days ago. They come off the charger at 4.1V, but they do run a PeakLED Caribbean and a Nuwai ALX-352 without any problems, whereas some Delkin RCR123A that I have for a camera do not.

BTW, mine came, for some reason, with six batteries rather than the four that were shown on the web page where I ordered...

Nick

Congratulations, Nick :) I didn't mean to do that :) could you please PM me your paypal address so that I can checkup what happened?

Dae.

Ned-L

Enlightened
Nick: how long does the Nuwai ALX-352 run on the batteryspace rechargeable's ? Thanks. Ned