leadlight adventures

BillRoberts

Newly Enlightened
I just got my lead light, and thanks to the excellent posts here, I was able to do the stage one mod very easily.

I was going to do the stage 2, and even went so far as to make a small tool so I don't have to unsolder the board.

But when I went to loosen the brass fitting I found that it appears it is already aligned, as there is a mark on the brass fitting that aligns with the board. It also appears that the fitting was punched so that it would be very difficult to turn.

Here is a picture. The dark "hole" is really a punch mark. anyone see this before?

one.jpg

The other reason I didnt want to mess with it too much is that I'm getting 75mw of output!!!

I had to change scales on my meter!!! (I'm using the led method)

I got .214 ma = 214 micro amps / 2.8 = 76 mW

BlueMars

Newly Enlightened
Kiessling is gonna be all over you for this one! Using a >5mw in public is a no no

Avenged7X

Newly Enlightened
if youre gettin 75mw out of a leadlight then u dont need to do the stage 2 mod at all dude. the crystals couldnt be more perfectly aligned! if you mess with it, it will probably only dim it down. i'd leave the alignment alone.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
BlueMars said:
Kiessling is gonna be all over you for this one! Using a >5mw in public is a no no

Yepp, that's true. Bill, please delete those pics in your posts, showing a >5mW laser outside in public isn't permitted on CPF, I am sorry.
You can do this by using the "edit" button.
Thank you.

bernhard