Foxfury Breakthrough

Thread: Rock Star INXS

Default Rock Star INXS

Help please. Does anyone know who got voted off Wednesday's show? I forgot to record.

Thank you very much
    If I want to hear the pitter-patter of little feet, I'll put shoes on my dog!
    HAVE YOU HUGGED YOUR DOG TODAY?
    www.lighthound.com

ChocolateLab33

Default Re: Rock Star INXS

My wife said not Susan the other girl.
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Beamhead,

I figured it would be Jordis. Thank you sooooo much!

www.lighthound.com

ChocolateLab33

I don't watch that show about the band, INXS about the people that want to sing for the band, INXS. I did watch some of the commercials during the show about the band, INXS. I saw one scene tonight where the band, INXS booted a girl off, a girl that had just performed for the band, INXS.

She had dark skin, and rastfarianesque hair. She had a good voice and the band, INXS complimented her on it. I tried to find her picture on this site: http://rockstar.msn.com/ which is about the TV show, Rock Star:INXS and Dafna looked to mostly resemble the girl that the band, INXS dropped.

Hope that helped. I used to like the band, INXS quite a bit.

Icebreak
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

Naw, I think it was Jordis. She was in tears and one of the band members told her that she would be a star as as single performer and he would be the first one to buy an alubum.

I was thinking, "why is he (Icebreak) writing like that?", and then I saw Beamhead's .... INXS was being written in excess!! (zonk!)

Great show, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebreak
    Naw, I think it was Jordis. She was in tears and one of the band members told her that she would be a star as as single performer and he would be the first one to buy an alubum.
    Jordis has a beautiful voice, but not for INXS. I think she will be a star someday. She made it very far on the show.
    www.lighthound.com

ChocolateLab33

L -

Yes. Lovely voice. Lovely young woman. Good stage presence.

Trashman -

Sometimes the TV just mumbles in the background while I'm doing other stuff. When that show is on, sometimes I will stop what I'm doing because many of the participants have really great voices and I, Icebreak, just want to see who is singing that well.

During the show the band uses the phrase,"our band, INXS" quite a bit or as you pointed out, in excess. So I think your joke is funnier than mine.

L -

I hope it doesn't seem as though I'm trashing your thread. I like the talent. There's just that one little thing that gets on my nerves and is also one of the best marketing techniques known...name recognition through repetition.

i never thought a band could get a new singer and survive but look at velvet revolver they used to be gnr minus axle there great
    LED's have gotten too bright in our stuff. Many nights I'm awakened by my modem lights blinking.had help with my sig thank you for your help.

Anyone esle have Marty's tree song going through their head?

Anybody hear Marty's rendition of Brittany Spears's "Oops, I did it again"? That was actually the first episode I saw. Wow, I mean, like, WOW! I actually had his version playing in my head the next day. He really did such an incredible job with that one, it would probably become an instant hit on the alternative rock stations. (or least it would be if I was king....)

Suzie goes home.

I think Mig is going to win... what do you think?

I'm thinking J.D. or Marty-but I really don't know at this point.
    www.lighthound.com

ChocolateLab33

It's a tough call. I think Mig is the favorite but they really seem to like JD. Marty is good ( and my favorite) but I don't know if he is right for "Our Band, INXS".

Post Re: Rock Star INXS

I dont know why I watch this show, I never watch these type of shows. I dont even listen to music but I constanly want JD to fall on his arse so I watch it.

That JD character is very annoying, kinda two-faced. The other members dont like him either but the band INXS loves him. INXS dont like Mig, but he constantly gets the most votes, even though he gets the most criticism, odd.

I dont think INXS can go wrong with Marty or Mig, they both look the part. JD looks and acts annoying, and the girl is, well... a girl, and I dont think it will work for them. But then, maybe its just 'cause I had the hots for Jordis
    Last edited by rugup; 09-15-2005 at 06:47 AM.

I think JD's voice is the most suiting to the INXS catalog. I mean, he sounds the most like the old front man.

I totally agree with rugup. J.D. is such a big butt-kisser. I don't think INXS ever wanted a girl singer in the first place. I can't figure out why I watch it either but I came in when they were down to about 8 people. I don't even listen to INXS, I don't like their music.
    It will be interesting to see who they pick though.
    www.lighthound.com

ChocolateLab33

who won? who won? I'm at work.............
    www.lighthound.com

ChocolateLab33

Inxs lost...they picked JD.

Good luck to fellow Chicagoan Marty. Supposed to open for JD and our band INXS.

I don't like JD. Never was a INXS fan.

Darn it! Why did I have to click on this thread before I got to watch the show? Time to fall into denial...."I did not read what Wolfen posted...."

Sorry Trashman. Not that dramatic of a show. Mig did Bohemian Rhapsody, Marty Did the Pink Floyd Song and JD did Rolling Stones. They dumped Mig and then Marty did the INXS song that he had to do when he was in the bottom three. A song I never heard before he did it. When they had him do the song I knew he was not going to be picked. They then had JD do a hit song and then gave him the keys to the band. Marty (and the Lovehammers???) get to be JD's opening act on tour.

I did it again....I just clicked on this thread before I watch the show! I'm actually taping it because one of my favorites is having its season premier right now--Nip/Tuck!

Trashman,

I watched Nip/Tuck a few times. I work in a hospital and have seen some nasty things but that show....Yucky!!! Very interesting though I must say.
    www.lighthound.com

ChocolateLab33

I knew J.D. was gonna' get it. That kissa**. Now he's a rich kissa**. Oh well, good luck Marty. I was rooting for you.

Lisa
    www.lighthound.com

ChocolateLab33

I myself was hoping either Marty or Mig might win. But in the end of course it was rightfully up to INXS to decide whom they wanted to front the group. I'll be interested to see how the new version of the groups fairs.

Flashaholic*

Ok, I have never watched the show but I liked INXS and have a couple of cds from them. I listened to Kick endlessly for a very long time. But gosh have they had a hit in the past 15 years? Couldn't they use a more modern rock band for a TV show? Or am I missing something.
    I live in a van down by the river

Geepondy,

I just saw that you are from Massachusetts, and wanted to say hello. I am from Lowell and grew up in Burlington. Soon I might possibly be headed south to Florida.

In any event, sorry to go off topic, but I just wanted to introduce myself.

Regards,
    John

Flashaholic*

Close Johh, Haverhill! Been here for several years but grew up in Vermont. Have yet to see a post from a Vermont CPFer.
    I live in a van down by the river