I need an AA dummy cell. Where?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Try PMing modamag, I think I saw on one of his threads he was selling setups with dummy AAs perhaps he has spares he could sell you one.

Rebus

Enlightened
Get a dowl from a craft store. Cut it to length,
including nipple. Wrap with aluminum foil and
regular transparent scotch tape. Very light and
works great.

-Rebus

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a AA dummy I made from a solid aluminum rod, it's crude but is the same lenth as a AA battery and has the nipple. Pm me if you want it, I don't need it and you can have it shipped for free.

wasBlinded said:
Title says it all.
Thanks in advance.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can also try PMing ViReN if you need more. That's who I got one from a little while ago. He said he could make more.

marcspar

Enlightened
Just out of curiosity, would a completely dead aa battery work as a dummy cell?

Marc

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, lasercrazy. It has arrived safely. Very nicely done, did you make it yourself?

Marcspar - I guess a dead cell would do in a pinch, but it still has some internal resistance, and would also probably end up doing something nasty like leaking after the reverse charging it would receive.

I am using it in a Mag2HID. With the Batterystation lithiums starting at 1.9v no load, 8 of them would be too much for the ballast. 7 would be fine. Unfortunately, the BS lithium AA cells don't handle the current well at all, and could not supply the 1 amp or so needed at 12 volts. I'll have to get some of the (expensive) Energizer L91 cells and try them instead.

lasercrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
wasBlinded said:
Thanks, lasercrazy. It has arrived safely. Very nicely done, did you make it yourself?

Marcspar - I guess a dead cell would do in a pinch, but it still has some internal resistance, and would also probably end up doing something nasty like leaking after the reverse charging it would receive.

I am using it in a Mag2HID. With the Batterystation lithiums starting at 1.9v no load, 8 of them would be too much for the ballast. 7 would be fine. Unfortunately, the BS lithium AA cells don't handle the current well at all, and could not supply the 1 amp or so needed at 12 volts. I'll have to get some of the (expensive) Energizer L91 cells and try them instead.

Yep, that was the first dummy battery I ever made. Came out ok to my surprise. :D I have another that I made a few days ago if you want it. It's much nicer than that one. :)

Latest posts