Are both 16340 batteries having the same voltage when charged using DSD charger?

BrianChan

Newly Enlightened
I have the 2 bay DSD charger bought from Dae to charge 17670 cells.Recently i have bought 2 16340 780mah batteries and i intend to charge them using the charger.I was wondering,will both cells charge up to the exact same voltage?I'm worried that if i put 2 cells with different states of discharge into the charger and the light will turn green when only 1 of them is fully charged.

AW

Newly Enlightened
Hi Brian,

The DSD is a single channel CC/CV smart charger. The charging cycle starts in CC mode and switches to CV mode. If you put two batteries with different state of discharge into the charger, it starts the cycle in CC and when the voltage of both batteries reach a specific value ( around 4.0V ). It will switch to CV mode and stop charging when both batteries reach 4.10 - 4.17V. You can try putting a fully charge battery into the charger which shows a green LED. Then you insert another discharged battery and see it will start charging with a red LED. When the charging cycle stops, check the voltage of both cells and they should be the same. However, it is not recommended to charge different kinds of batteries at the same time.

AW

Last edited:

balazer

Enlightened
If it's a single channel charger, I think you'd be nicest to your cells by charging one at a time.

AW

Newly Enlightened
Indeed. By charging two cells together, you'll not gain any charging time difference. It 'll take the same amount of time either you charge a single cell at a time or two together.