September 11th

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone think that there might be some more trouble tommorow or in the future related to this date? While I certainly hope not I just always have an uneasy feeling when this day rolls around. :sick2:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i dont think so we are way more prepared theyll never be able to take over a plane again and if they do .we sure wont let em crash it into a building

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
PoliceScannerMan said:
Ever heard of AWACS?? Combat Air patrol always ready to fire upon a would be terrorist....

I'm not so much worried about planes as I am people with dirty bombs or even cheaply created bombs.(Fertilizer) Face it, these people hate our lifestyle and the things we stand for.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
raggie33 said:
i dont think so we are way more prepared theyll never be able to take over a plane again and if they do .we sure wont let em crash it into a building

You're right on that one Raggs! I have to fly several times a year, and they have only questioned my EDC flashlight once. (The TSA guy said "cool." :D ) They never question the Bic ballpoint in my pocket! The passengers of an attempted airliner highjacking will never again hold still for it! Terrorists with ceramic slash weapons will be facing passengers with plastic, eyeball puncture/pith weapons. (At least in my case!) Then they will have to break-down the "hardened" cockpit doors. I suspect we have seen the last terrorist assault using a commercial aircraft!

Larry

raggie33

*the raggedier*
they better pray they never try to take over a plane im on id first kick em in the well u know where then as they come down id be swinging up then id take there waepon

pradeep1

Enlightened
I don't think terrorists will go after hardened targets....something more obvious, like the mass transit system, shopping malls, etc. Imagine if those 19 clowns who blew themselves up on 9/11/01 had done so in crowded subway stations or shopping malls. They would have killed probably less people, but created more "terror". After seeing what happened in London, I think that is what we'll see next.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
tvodrd said:
You're right on that one Raggs! I have to fly several times a year, and they have only questioned my EDC flashlight once. (The TSA guy said "cool." :D ) They never question the Bic ballpoint in my pocket! The passengers of an attempted airliner highjacking will never again hold still for it! Terrorists with ceramic slash weapons will be facing passengers with plastic, eyeball puncture/pith weapons. (At least in my case!) Then they will have to break-down the "hardened" cockpit doors. I suspect we have seen the last terrorist assault using a commercial aircraft!

Larry

Make your next laptop an 8-pound, magnesium alloy jacketed one. Use your imagination. I can say dropping one on your own foot will REALLY cramp your style :D

Even if they sneak knives on board they're not going to be able to stop the angry lynch mob of passengers who will lay their hands on just about everything they can get.

My sympathies to all those who were affected by the events of this day in history, but take heart, as Larry has correctly pointed out, hijackings will never be the same again. Previously, the rule of thumb was that hijackers are using the plane's contents for political purposes, play along with them and hopefully you'll be let go. Now, they're using the plane's hardware for different purposes, nobody will ever sit down quietly and let them do it ever again.

Stream

Enlightened
pradeep1 said:
I don't think terrorists will go after hardened targets....something more obvious, like the mass transit system, shopping malls, etc. Imagine if those 19 clowns who blew themselves up on 9/11/01 had done so in crowded subway stations or shopping malls.

Those "clowns" were mercenaries, not suicide bombers. At least 9 of them have been confirmed by many mainstream news media to still be alive.

Either way, I don't think anyone would stand a chance against Raggie! :D

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
PlayboyJoeShmoe said:
I did some Target Practice this morning in memory of 9-11-01.

I too SERIOUSLY doubt another plane will be taken over.

Dare I ask what you shot at. :)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I had my wallet stolen while at a 9-11 memorial a few years ago (2002, I think).
I had my bag (with my wallet inside) visible at all times except for when I pinned a ribbon onto a memorial; that's when it had to happen. :shakehead:

Kevin K

Newly Enlightened
Just finished watching Inside 9/11 on National Geographic chanel, very interesting. Bin Laden was quoted at the end saying "We love death, the U.S. loves life, that is the difference between us" I think his turban is wrapped too tight.

sbebenelli

Enlightened
Discovery channel has a show on that starts at 8 (my time) tonight called The flight that fought back. It's a minute-by-minute account that reveals heroic acts that took place aboard Flight 93. I'm going to watch it although it will probably bother me.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
While it would have been swell to put holes in a picture of Bin Laden, I made do with spinning the 3" 2" and 1" round plates with a Ruger 22/45 shooting Stingers from approx. 25' away.

I need to get a man sized target, but I'm quite sure I could put one in an eye easily.

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sounds like a fun day. I just got to play Army, and stand for a batallion change of command ceremony. At least I didn't have to go to the brigade one yesterday thank God.
Then on the way home, I stopped by a local gun store to see if they just might carry the Strion (they do have tons of SureFires), and instead came home with a new gun. A Kahr CW9. I might be eating ramen for the next couple weeks, but I could stand to lose some weight anyway.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol my shrink ask me if im suicadal or homicdial (never been homicdal lol i have no idea why she ask this lol so dont worry) but lol i always say only if its bin laddin cause id kill him on sight