Forgive Me -- Best Place for Batteries?

USMCsilver

Newly Enlightened
I need some 123's; I've run a search, but do you guy's know how many threads come up when a search for "battery" is conducted?

Anyhow, Surefire.com has them for $1.25 a pop, or $90 for 72. Anywhere else got a better deal?

Thanks!

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most guys here don't like Botac, but Botac has a good deal on batts. I got mine for a buck a piece on the Sanyos, they perform better than the Battery Station batteries in Silverfox's test in my recollection for the same price....

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just visited Botac site. They have raised the price on the Sanyo 123 to $1.25.

SF has theirs at the same price with $4.99 flat UPS shipping. That is really a good deal if you buy a bunch of batteries.

I have used 40 of the Sanyos and have had very good results.

Also Battery Station have worked well at $1.00.

SF batteries are certainly very good and they are back in the mix. Shipping charges elsewhere can negate a slightly cheaper price. Just order before your supply is critical, as they have not been known for speedy order filling and shipping, especially on accessories.

Mark

spock

Enlightened
if you are ordering from sf and your order totals $99 or more, shipping is free. i order together with friends from work and usually top this figure. throw in a spares carrier or lanyard sometimes.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aw shucks, I just got an order of 40 123;s from Botac, looks like that's the end of Sanyos for me...

I guess the best way is to organize a Group Buy, the prices that the big boys(militatry, etc) buy in bulk is unfreakingbelievable. Surefires always worked well for me, but I almost never order mroe than 2-3 boxes at a time, and the shipping plus Ca sales tax puts the price per cell at well over 1.50.

Guess I should have bought another 2 dozen sanyos...

greenLED

Flashaholic
If you're looking for other low prices for CPF members, check out the "Specials" link on my sig line. AmondoTech also has $1 123's of good quality.