C.C. funded paypal payments

bhds

Enlightened
Is there any way to block cc funded paypal payments?
I know a lot of people dont want to accept them because of the additional fees(including me), but what happens if someone sends you one anyways?
As usual I cant find any info on the paypal site.
Any help appreciated.

PJ

Enlightened
I believe there is an option to decline the payment or to return it. I received one and it came up with a window asking if I wanted to upgrade to a c.c. account. I declined and it went to my account page showing the payment as 'pending'.
Try clicking on the details of the transaction and this may get you to the refund or decline payment option.

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have wondered about this as well.
I would not mind the charge, as that can be made up by the buyer in advance, but I was wondering if CC funds were sent to a regular , non CC , account, does the money get paid to that account or is one forced to open an additional account, just for CC's.

AlphaTea

Enlightened
I have both a CC and a non-CC account.
If a CC is sent to my NonCC account Paypal tries to get me to upgrade. No way.
I refuse the payment and let the buyer know my CC account name. I always ask them not to make another payment untill thay are sure that they got their original payment back. So far nobody has been burned yet.
The CC account does charge a fee to accept payment, but not to make one. I transfer the money out of my CC account to my non CC account with no charge.
I do this since most people make a cash paypal payment straight from their bank account and nobody gets stuck with a fee. On the rare occasion that there is a CC involved, I usually just eat the charge.

bhds

Enlightened
Okay, I have a premier account and get charged 2.9% +30 cents for every payment received. Is this the same as the CC fee?

I was looking at opening another personal account for non cc payments but....

1. cant find what the receiving limit is. Paypal states that yes you have a receiving limit but in order to find out what it is you have to have a personal account to view it.:ohgeez: :rant:
2. found this::thinking:

Can I ask my buyers to pay me using my Personal account if I have a Premier/Business account?
pixel.gif

help_a.gif
No. According to PayPal's User Agreement, if you own a Premier/Business account you cannot direct your buyer to pay your Personal account.

That one really confuses me:thinking:
How does everyone that have dual accounts get around this?

Man I really hate paypal. I went through this same crap about finding info/straight answers a couple of years ago when I had to to add a checking account.:rant:

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I believe the 2.9% + 30 cents is the so-called "CC fee". But the crap thing is that you have to pay that fee for ANY type of money received, even paypal cash.

The fee is sort of for you to "have the ability" to receive CC transactions (ie Premier/Biz account), and therefore now you must pay for all money received.

As for the limit for personal account :-

"Is there a limit to the amount of payments Personal accounts can receive?

Yes. Depending on the Primary Currency of the Personal account, the receiving limit is $500.00 USD, $650.00 CAD, €400.00 EUR, £250.00 GBP, or ¥56,000 JPY. (The receiving limit is based on the Primary Currency of the account. If you receive payments in more than one currency, your limit will be calculated based on the total amount you receive each month after the amount is converted into your Primary Currency.)

The receiving limit applies to the following payment types: eBay Items, Auction Non-eBay, and Goods-Other (Website sales). All applicable payments which exceed the monthly limit will be placed in accept/deny status until you upgrade your account to receive the payments or you choose to deny them. If no action is taken, the payment is returned to the buyer after 30 days. The limit is reset monthly on the anniversary of your sign up date. "

As for the rule, I didn't know it existed; I was thinking to open a 2nd personal account too. I guess the ppl who have dual accounts are circumventing this, and paypal is too busy to actually track them down if no one complains.

But the $500 monthly limit is quite low... wonder how some of the guys here organise group buys and receive their $$ in the personal account???

bhds

Enlightened
Thanks ledcandle. Where did you find the $500 u.s limit? I found the part where it said it was dependent on currency type but no actual numbers.

I too wonder how the guys with dual accounts get around the rule. I lot of sellers will specifically list 2 ebay accounts. One for CC funded and the other for non CC funded.:thinking: :thinking:

oldgrandpajack

Enlightened
I have found, that immediately withdrawing the funds received, by my Personal PayPal account, I never exceed the limit. Must be a glitch in PayPal's software, as I frequently exceed the monthly limit, without any problems at all.

I called PayPal, and was encouraged to open two accounts (Personal and Premier). The person I talked with understood exactly what I wanted to do, and had no problem with it, whatsoever. By the way, PayPal Customer Service has been great, when ever I had a problem.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's inconsistent information on their part! :rant:
But hmm...

Although the 'strategy' of withdrawal seems to help with the monthly limit, we still probably can't receive more than $500 in one go. Which means that requires the use of the premier account. Which means $500 x 2.9% = lotsa $$$... haha

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I forgot all about the "expanded use" program which allows you unlimited receiving and sending on your personal account as long as you register a Credit card with them and key in a verification number they send on your next bill. :)

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
bhds said:
Can I ask my buyers to pay me using my Personal account if I have a Premier/Business account?
pixel.gif

help_a.gif
No. According to PayPal's User Agreement, if you own a Premier/Business account you cannot direct your buyer to pay your Personal account.

That one really confuses me:thinking:
How does everyone that have dual accounts get around this?

A Business account is also a Premier account but a Premier account is not necessarily a Business account.
In other words the rules for Premier/Business accounts might not be the same as for Premier/Personal accounts.
I think that's the get around that most people use.

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
GJW said:
A Business account is also a Premier account but a Premier account is not necessarily a Business account.
In other words the rules for Premier/Business accounts might not be the same as for Premier/Personal accounts.
I think that's the get around that most people use.

Hmmm... throughout their entire literature, they almost always lump Premier and Business together as "Premier/Business" when talking about the terms, so I don't think there's a difference between owning a Premier+Personal and a Business+Personal.

The weird thing is, they don't allow you to direct buyers to pay your personal account, but they allow you to own one despite having a Premier/Business account! See here :-

Can I have a PayPal Personal and a Premier/Business Account?

PayPal allows members to have one Personal account and one Premier or Business account. However, each account must contain an unique email address, bank account and credit card.

I suppose they 'tag' ownership to the home address of the person? Otherwise, if you use a unique credit card, email and bank account, who's gonna know that you're the same person owning the 2 accounts?

Last edited:

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the bottom line is that anyone with a Business account can not conduct 'business' via their personal account.
Business account holders may still have and use a personal account as long as it's for personal transactions.
:faint:
:dedhorse:

bhds

Enlightened
Well, I looked into starting a personal account but according to the rules it has to be funded with a CC or bank account that is separate from any other accounts. I already have a separate bank account just for funding paypal and also my CC is backing up the bank account:ohgeez: In other words, its more hassle than its worth. :toilet: