Calling all Jeffs, check in please.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Calling all Jeffs and Geoffs, check in please.

When I was a little kid I was friends with Geoffry Christman. I called him Jeppy. He hated Gee Off.

In elementary school I was the only Jeff.

In high school, which was a pretty big school, there was one other Jeff.

I didn't meet any Jeff's in college.

I've never met another Jeff on any job site.

Then an odd thing happened. I had a favorite club to go to. Big pool hall basically. Long bar. Great food. They made their own pizza dough. Huge burgers, real pattie melts, sandwiches, salads, red beans and rice etc. Entertainment. Dance floor. Large outside patio area for bands when it was nice out. Well I noticed one night that four of the regulars had the same pattern I had. Hang by the bar for awhile, yacking but never sitting. Later it was time for pool for a couple of hours. Then go outside and check out the band. Actually we all realized it at the same time one night. All four of them were named Jeff. So that's five Jeffs, all friends all doing pretty much the same thing at the same time. There was always at least two Jeffs in the club at any given moment in time. Many, many times we would all be standing together and others would say, "Look the Jeffs are here!" Strange.

Well, I've noticed for a while that there seem to be a lot of Jeffs on CPF but I can't name them all.

So, if you are a Jeff would you please check in? Oh, and Mr. Chan, Geoffs count too.

-------------

- Jeff

***[Edit] here's a list: [/Edit]***

LifeNRA – Jeff
jeffb – Jeff
turbodog – Jeff
GeoffChan – Geoff
Flying Turtle – Geoff
xpitxbullx – Jeff
SimplyJ – Jeff
LumenHound – Jeff
jtivat – Jeff
WildRice – Jeff
fluorescent - Jeff
Mr. Ted Bear –
Icebreak - Jeff

Last edited:

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
Jeff checking in :wave: . Well actually Jeffrey, but I prefer Jeff :grin2: .

You know I never liked my name (Jeffrey) until my Dad died. Then I realized that for whatever reason he liked that name enough to give it to me and I should be proud of it. Mom said he is the one who named me. So thank you dad for giving me my name and I am sorry I never appreciated it while you were here.

Oh, and dont worry I never , ever told him that I did not like it while he was alive. I would have never done that to my Dad.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Jeff,

Jeff (Jeffrey) from Indiana, here (1951 model)...............maybe I'm the "oldest"?

I work for a relatively small company, less than 100 people,

there are five (5) Jeff's (yes I'm the oldest):wave:

jeffb

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, LifeNRA. Yes sir, I knew about you. I didn't like Jeff or Jeffrey when I was younger. I always wanted to be a Steve or a Mike. Then, when I was 21, I started dating pretty southern sweety named Geovonna. When she said "Jay-eff-rey" I always responded with loss of composure.

Hi, jeffb. Wow. Five Jeffs out of 100 people. That's got to be some kind of record. My division is about 200. I'm the only one. I don't think you are the oldest Jeff here. I think Mr. Ted Bear might be about 71 or 72.

Hello, turbodog. I didn't know you were a Jeff. Cool. I meant to tell you way to go on your recent trip. I read every word of your reports.

-----------

- Jeff

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's right. FlyingTurtle is one. Geoff, don't you help with a youth organization that does some camping? You've done real world outdoor flashlight usage testing IIRC.

Thanks for checking in.

------------

- Jeff

SimplyJ

Newly Enlightened
Ahoy, Ahoy
I used to call myself Simply Jeff. But it turns out that there is a well known DJ in CA who called himself Simply Jeff. I found this out one day when I got an email from a stranger telling me how much he loved my music and how much it changed his life. Since then to avoid confusion I just use Simply J.

J (aka Jeff)

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, SimplyJ. That's funny.

I used to get calls from girls looking for a Jeff that had the same last name as me. Sometimes they'd get kinda mad thinking he was just blowing them off. I felt a little sorry for them because for a woman, missing out on a date with a Jeff or a Geoff has got to be devasting. I didn't pinch hit for the guy but the situation did explain some parking tickets that weren't mine.

Hello, LumenHound.

I didn't know you were a Jeff either. Seems like there was something I needed to buy from you but I can't remember what it was.

Last edited:

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff here, I go by JT at work as there has always been another Jeff or two everywhere I work!

pradeep1

Enlightened
Maybe I should start a thread on how many Pradeep's we have in this club...I would probably be the only one. I've only known or met 2 other Pradeep's in my entire life.

Pradeep

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, didn't realize there were so many Jeffs out there. By the way, is the age in an earlier post for Ted Bear correct? I was under the impression that he is a great deal younger, like by about 20 years...?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, jtivat.

I think I remembered that your first name was Jeff from one of the "What does your user name mean?" threads. Thanks for checking in.

Pradeep1 -

I speak with an associate in NYNY on a daily basis named Pradeep. Had a couple of face-to-faces. Sharp cookie. Extremely Polite.

flashfan -

I haven't dialoged with Mr. Ted Bear in quite some time so he may be about 75 by now. Sometimes, you know, special techniques most be used to draw a stealthy bear out into the open.

WildRice

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeff here (Jeffrey). With the last name Rice, I caught the nickname Riceman in highschool (alot like "iceman"). However, I think I'm the only Jeff here who has married a real Angel. Unless this is only an assumption on my part, are there any other Jeffs out there who got to marry a woman named Angel?

Though, let me iterate that it is very true Jeff, that names do carry a certain amout of molding. I mean think about all the Jenny's that you know, what do they have in common? How about all the Mike's? Yet another reason why you don't see alot of girls named Bertha anymore! Poindexter anyone?

Jeff

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Calling all Jeffs and Geoffs, check in please.

xpitxbullx -

Don't you already have a badge? I did look into some pins. The closest I could find where some little gold lapel pins that were flashlights. They wanted $140.00 for them and didn't even light up!

Hello, WildRice.

I definitely knew your name was Jeff. I pay pretty close attention to what Modders do and you've come up with some real humdingers.

My eighth grade sweetheart was an Angela. But no sir, I didn't marry an Angel. Lucky guy.

I've noticed some molding or patterns concerning Jeffs too. All the Jeffs I've ever talked to were particularly intelligent, highly talented and extraordinarily handsome as well as quite humble. I think this thread testifies most of that to be evident.

----------

- Jeff

Last edited: