Excellent results from MP 123

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did a runtime test with my MP rechargable bought from Dae at szwholesale.com

To cut a long story short, I got 2 of these batteries a couple of days ago but until tonight I was busy to try them out. So tonight I pulled one out of the packet, charged it up with the nano. It measured 4.16V fresh off the charger. Popped it into the HDS EDC 60 XR (remember the XR bit!) and ran it at 60 lumens, heatsinked with my hand.

I remember reading threads where people were getting 16 minutes on ult 60s with their MPs and I thought I'd be happy if I got 24-25 minutes. Well, 24 minutes came and went... 30 minutes... 35 minutes... 40 minutes... It wasn't until 42:20 that the first stepdown occured.

HDS quote 33 minutes for the XR. Henry said that the 33 mins was the absolute minimum that any XRs would run.

Are these results normal? I haven't tried the second battery yet.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well then you lucked out on the lottery then, the runtime figure for HDS's are the worst case senerio, so you probably got a good one.

I appreciate these MPs as much as you do, I got 30 minutes the other day with hand heat sinking on my regular ol' U60 and couldn't be happier...

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone said that they went from 16 minutes to 30 minutes with the U60 with breaking. I wonder if I'll get that kind of improvement with this LED/battery combo! Imagine 1 hour on high...

Tintwise, the LED has a very very slightly green tinge just around the hotspot at lower powers. The tint corrects itself to a nice white at higher powers and also on fresh(er) batteries.

AW

Newly Enlightened
These MP cells' high performance is attributed to their extremely low internal resistance. They work very well in high current drain applications. I have been receiving very good feedback on these cells since I bought them to the CPF world. I am also the supplier of MP batteries to HDS. Please also note they now come in a new packaging. I have some runtime results on different flashlights on the lower part on the first post of my Sales Thread.