What is the best 3w bin?

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think U is the highest. I've never seen V, W, & X in 3w. So what would it be? U---?

Geogecko

Enlightened
I think it's subjective, depending on what tint you prefer, and what the light will be intended for.

However, selecting a U bin in the first place, probably means that you are planning on building a long running light (battery life). I've also never seen, or heard of, a V, W, or X.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best bin will depend a bit on your application. Currently, the U bin Lux3s are the brightest available and usually give the most lumens/watt, though I have a TWOH that matches my UWOKs in that category. And the WO tint bins Lux3s are probably considered the 'best' tint by a majority, but everyone has their own tint preference.

I would guess a UW0J would fetch the highest price here on CPF, but I haven't seen any for sale. Orb sold some lights with UYOJs in them, so LEDs in this class aren't impossible.

Photonfanatic recently sold some UWOK Lux3s which went very fast.

wquiles

Flashaholic
I also heard from Mr. Bulk in some recent posts that he personally knows of some "V" bin 3W being "around". My guess is that they are just like the "X" bins in the 5W - hard/impossible to get by us mere mortals :crackup:

Will

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
pradeep1 said:
JEDI, SITH, EWOK are some bins that I haven't seen yet, but might be very great, especially in lightsabers.

:)

Let's not forget YODA.
Strong with the force, this one is. :D

Seriously, a good UWOK is quite strong as I have one clobbering a TXOJ in output from identical r123 mp power brand batteries.
But it's as bluish purple as the TXOJ is for some reason.
Lumileds got the "U" flux and "K" voltage correct, but not the XO/WO tint. :confused:
I'll get some pics up later tonight after I take them at work this evening.

Here is a picture of some of the various color bins just to give you an idea of how much tints can vary.
DSC00244.jpg

Last edited: