$25 ebay coupon

TommyB

Newly Enlightened
I don't know why but I just received a $25 coupon from ebay/paypal that I have to spend in the next couple of days. I would like to get a good quality LED light without putting too much cash with it. I have an Arc-AAA on order but something similar would be great. Any suggestions?

Malpaso

Enlightened
[cynical self]They're not asking for your login/password to cash it in, are they?[/cynical self]

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should check with eBay that the offer is legit. I have recieved a ton of bogus eBay offers. They can spoof the email addys, so you have to go to the eBay site to actually verify. Be very, very careful with freebies that you weren't expecting.

Scott

TommyB

Newly Enlightened
I appreciate what you're saying. I've also received a number of ebay/paypal scams. This came in the mail and has my account name and has a coupon number to enter when I pay with my paypal account that they also named. It looks like a winner to me.

Geogecko

Enlightened
TommyB said:
I appreciate what you're saying. I've also received a number of ebay/paypal scams. This came in the mail and has my account name and has a coupon number to enter when I pay with my paypal account that they also named. It looks like a winner to me.

Send it to me, and I'll let you know if it works or not...:thinking:

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
well,you probably should'nt take that risk unless you're very sure... its not worth getting robbed. But if it works, I'd buy a Q3... not expensive at all.

-David

TommyB

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Cheapo. I was looking at the Inova X5 but the Q3 looks like a better light.

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
From what I can gather from reading other forums is this:

There are 4 Ebay/Paypal codes that are out right now.
Some people can get them to work and some cannot.
The codes are:
CELEBRATE
CELEBRATE-1
CELEBRATE-2
CELEBRATE-3

Some users are reporting 10% off and some are reporting $25 off.

The main thing to remember is that the codes may or may not work for you.
One code may work and the others may not.
Or none may work for you.

The codes are only good for Ebay and the item must be paid with Paypal.

Again a warning: Do not buy something in the hopes that one of these codes will work for you. It may or may not work for your account.
But if you do buy something it is a good idea to try them all to see if one of them may work for you.

EDIT: I have also read that these coupons expire on Sept. 18.

Everything I have provided is based on hearsay and I make no claim that any of it is correct.

Last edited:

TommyB

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Life NRA. You are right on at least two points. The offer code and the expiration date. I just hope your wrong on the not working part. We'll see in the next day or two. If nothing else it gives me an excuse to by another light.

MVB

Newly Enlightened
TommyB said:
Thanks Life NRA. You are right on at least two points. The offer code and the expiration date. I just hope your wrong on the not working part. We'll see in the next day or two. If nothing else it gives me an excuse to by another light.
I also got that Paypal coupon in the mail. When I read the fine print, I found that the $25 off is only good on purchases over $100. If I were to guess, I would say that for purchases under $100 you get a percentage amount off based on the total amount of your purchase.

(By the way, the reason you got the coupon is that Paypal is celebrating their 10th anniversary, or something . . . )

LifeNRA

Flashaholic*
TommyB said:
I would bet that since you received your offer straight from Ebay that it will work with your account. I hope so anyway.:thumbsup:

TommyB

Newly Enlightened
Since Cheapo's Q3 recomendation was the only one I got, I went with that and won one last night for $26.00 + $8.50 for insured priority mail. Paid with paypal, put in my coupon code and my balance dropped to $9.50. I had $8.00 in my paypal account so I kicked in a buck-and-a-half and I'm in business. No scam, no sham, no problems.

MVB

Newly Enlightened
LifeNRA said:
From what I can gather from reading other forums is this:

There are 4 Ebay/Paypal codes that are out right now.
Some people can get them to work and some cannot.
The codes are:
CELEBRATE
CELEBRATE-1
CELEBRATE-2
CELEBRATE-3

Some users are reporting 10% off and some are reporting $25 off.

The main thing to remember is that the codes may or may not work for you.
One code may work and the others may not.
Or none may work for you.

The codes are only good for Ebay and the item must be paid with Paypal.
Since the coupon I received clearly stated "Save $25 on your next purchase of $100 or more" I wasn't expecting to use it.

But, since I was making a purchase anyway (and based on the above info) I figured that it wouldn't hurt to try.

The code I was given was the one ending in 3, and when I tried to use it I was told that the total had to be over $100 to use the code. When I used the code ending in 1, it worked to give me $25 off. So I got a Streamlight 4AA Propolymer Luxeon for $15 (including shipping). I am very happy.

My advice for everyone is this: The coupon codes are good untill Midnight Sunday (the 18th) but they may only work for you if you have both an eBay account and a Paypal account and were sent a coupon in the mail. (But if you meet the first two conditions and not the third, it might be worth trying as the coupon might have been lost in the mail . . . Just remember that if the coupon doesn't work you still have to pay for what you purchased.)