polished reflector infinity ultra

davidefromitaly

Enlightened
i just have polished the reflector of my infinity ultra... well the result is very good

the brightest point pass from 92 to 98 lux with a lithium batt but what is more important is the total output: now the hot spot is sorrounded by a big and bright corona with a diameter around 3 times the original spot.

i estimate a 30% of more total output

very good :)

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! How did you polish the reflector? Thanks!

davidefromitaly

Enlightened
well... first of all you must take out the led for not damage it

then i put the head on my little lathe and with abrhasive paper i take out the anodization

then i polished the surface with the tools that i use for polish the steel case of watches... if you don't have this tools i think you can try with a dremel

OddOne

Enlightened
I was thinking about doing this to my Infinity Ultra. I already have the gear to do it - a lathe, some 600 and 1500 grit sandpaper, and a can of Brasso to put a shine on it. (Brasso isn't suggested for aluminum because it makes it tarnish ultraquickly while you polish, but if you follow up with a solvent to remove the Brasso you get excellent results.)

oO

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
How difficult is it to remove the LED assembly?

I was playing with the original last night and pondered about polishing it.

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
greenLED said:
depends on whether you have the "old" or "new" version of the Infinity. Which one do you have?

I've got the old non-ultra.

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a Gerber IU and was unimpressed. The peak matterhorn 1led seems to produce equal if not better light. I will try a Photon freedoom soon since my brother's cheapo knockoff produced better and brighter light than the IU. disappointing especialy given how large it is.

Latest posts