Questions about the Fenix L1P V2.5 ????

m209

Banned
Fenix L1P V2.5

What color is the tint?
How many lumens is it?
Is the beam flood or narrow?
What's the runtime?
Why are there so few sources online to buy it from?
How scratch resistant is the HAIII?

http://nbox00.tripod.com

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
Re: Why isn't there a 3 watt FENIX flashlight?

A 3watt isn't needed at 350ma drive current, it would just drive up the price to where the light isn't such a great value. I am sure people will mod them for 3watt LEDs and swap out the driver for a more robust one.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fenix L1P V2.5 vs. Nuwai QIII - Which one is the best?

I'd say they're different, really - one's run off a simple AA battery, while the other runs off a CR123 cell. The Q-III comes in a variety of Luxeon bins, which means that runtime and brightness will vary - the L1P 2.5 has a RxxH-binned LuxI, which means that most of them will have around the same runtime (3-4 hours) with roughly the same brightness throughout. The Q-III also is missing the HAIII-type anodizing which makes the Fenix L1P a bit tougher so far as finishes go.

They're different lights, though the L1P seems to have the edge in runtime and external finishes.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I'd suggest trying not to start so many threads at once, m209, though welcome aboard anyhow. Most of the answers you're looking for are in the 'Fenix L1P First Impressions' thread in the Reviews forum, as well as the Fenix thread in the Manufacturer's forum - I'd suggest reading about them there.

As far as the 'few sources to buy it online from' question, that's because it's a very new light. Only LITEMania has it in any quantity at the moment, though JSBurly's will probably have it soon. For questions about HA III, that'll depend on how thick the coating is, and the strength of the metal body beneath it; I suggest using Google for answers regarding that.

Empath

Flashaholic
m209, all three of your threads have been merged. They are too closely related to merit the posting of three separate threads.

m209

Banned
There's more info on the regular Fenix L1 and L1P v2.0. I am trying to find out more about the Fenix L1P V2.5.

I think Fenix flashlights might be the next must have flashlight on this board.

I'd appreciate any info you can give me on this light. Thanks.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
v2.5 is still on the way. Give CPF two weeks and there should be plenty of answers to go around.

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
m209- the v2.0 isn't all that different from the 2.5- the 2.5 just has a smoother textured reflector and has a bit more power going to the LED (more light, less runtime). I've got the 2.0 and have a 2.5 on the way. I also have a QIII.

While the stats of the L1P vs QIII look different on paper, I think its easy to compare the two lights and find that in pretty much every way, the Fenix comes out on top. For one, even though the QIII uses a smaller (well, shorter anyway) battery, the Fenix still manages to be a tad shorter than the QIII, and is much thinner. This is due to the deep QIII reflector, so note that the QIII has a narrower beam than the Fenix.

The HA finish on the Fenix is a matte black. While it might not be as durable as the glossy HA Nat finish as seen on the Jil Lites, it does a pretty good job; I already dropped the light on the pavement by accident and it only got a few small dents and only one tiny dot on the bezel where the finish actually came off. If the same was done to a QIII, the shiny aluminum would be visable all over the place.

The QIII switch juts out slighty from the switch guard so it cannot stand in candlemode without modding; the Fenix stands on its end without a problem. Both switches are reverse clicky, but I have read that recently the QIII comes with a sort of "fake" momentary on in its reverse clicky switch.

The output of both lights is comparable to my eyes- both are nice and white, but this often has to do with the lottery. In terms of runtime, the stock QIII will run for about an hour on its CR123 and has a habit of suddenly plunging into darkness. The Fenix runs for 2 hours to 50% on a standard AA alkaline or over 3 hours to 75% on an e2 lithium, and doesn't just crap out all of a sudden; you will still get several more hours of useable light (note that these stats are for the v2.0, the 2.5 will have a little bit shorter runtime).

The QIII is a perfectly good and reliable light, but I just sort of feel like it's had it's day and the Fenix outclasses it. Keep in mind, the Fenix L1P also comes with a special optical glass lense, a replacement switch cover, replacement O-rings and a nice warranty; its intended to really be used as an EDC (and has been performing perfectly over the past few weeks that I have been EDCing it).

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
m209 wrote: "Fenix L1P V2.5
Why are there so few sources online to buy it from?"

The Fenix L1P v2.5 has only recently been introduced - it is new -
I don't think anyone here on CPF actually has a v2.5 yet......
(there are v2.0 around)

A GroupBuy (now closed) is expecting the v2.5 to be shipped on Sept/19.
GROUPB: Fenix L1 and L1P - $28 / $38 SHIPPED (3) (
multipage.gif
1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Please look at this Post for information on v2.5 **MAJOR UPDATE**

Fenix WebSite

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
m209 said:
What's the price on the Fenix L1 V2.5 Flashlight?

Why did Fenix stop production on the Fenix L1+?

I wonder Fenix L2 will come out. It is rated at 52 Lumens:

http://www.fenixlight.com/flashlight/fenixl2.htm

1: Depending on who you talk to (see LITEmania's thread in the Dealer's Corner), it'll be around $45 dollars or so, not counting shipping.

2. They stopped it because of improvements they made to the circuit and design when they started shipping the L1P, which has a better lens, reflector, and puts out more power than the L1+ did. Also, this may be because the stainless steel bodies aren't quite as cheap to make as the Al ones, even if they're using the HAIII process on them.

3. Nobody knows that but Phoenix (the manufacturer), and he's not talking yet.

m209

Banned
Is there a problem with the Fenix L1P clickie button?

The Fenix looks like an ideal flashlight. I definitely have this on my to buy list but are there any problems with this product. I usually wait untill the bugs are worked out before I buy.

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Is there a problem with the Fenix L1P clickie button?

m209 said:
The Fenix looks like an ideal flashlight. I definitely have this on my to buy list but are there any problems with this product. I usually wait untill the bugs are worked out before I buy.

I'd suggest reading the L1P First Impressions thread in the Review forum, as people have previously suggested you do, IIRC. There was precisely one person who had switch issues who's posted (this_is_nascar) but he resolved it by tightening things a bit. Otherwise, others have described it as having a good, solid switch.

dc

Newly Enlightened

I have been using my L1P for 2 weeks now and the clickie seems reasonably sturdy.
Overall, i consider this a very good value luxeon light and may get another 1 to put in my pouch.

Rgrds,
Daniel
m209 said:

Stanley

Flashlight Enthusiast

I haven't had any problems with mine so far. Neither have my other frens with whom we group bought the L1P together... Its super solid and very handy indeed!!

Latest posts