Carrying an ARC LS in your pocket...will it scratch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magic

Newly Enlightened
I have an original ARC-LS from the first production run. (It's number is less than a 1000).

I haven't carried it much, and when I have it's been in a jacket pocket. But now I'm moving to South America soon, and thinking about carrying it more. The only pocket I have to carry it in has my wallet, and my very large keychain (lots of keys, small swiss army knife).

How will the LS survive in this situation? Should I get some sort of case?

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
The HA is pretty durable, but I haven't tried it in a pocket with keys (I have two Arc LS's...one recently stripped...other still HA)

Have you thought about carrying your keys on a belt-loop or would that be a no-go?

JM-99

greenLED

Flashaholic
I've been carrying mine in the same pocket I carry my wallet for well over a year; I carry my keychain in my other pocket. I may have put it in the same pocket with my keys a couple of times too. Not a single scratch, dent, or scuff mark so far.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The *ONLY* thing I'd be the least bit concerned about is the window (or "lens") on the end of the Arc LS. The flashlight body itself should stay new-looking for a long time, even if it goes up against a keychain full of jangling keys in that pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.