Looking to add Two Stage Switch

castle1911

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I'm new to the LED world and would like some advice on modifying my Surefire L4. I am looking to add a two stage switch for low and high output levels.

Can anyone recommend a product? I am looking for a switch that can use my existing clickie tailcap and provide a low power level similar or slightly lower to the output of the KL1 head.

Along with a suggested product, can someone point me in the right direction to purchase the solution?

Thanks---

Kiessling

Flashaholic
There are different iterations of the Aleph Tailcap that houses the McE2S module:

Alephtailcaps-primary-new.jpg

For an overview of the function of those you might wanna read the "FAQ: McLux Aleph Series" stickie in the McGizmo forum

bernie

jwillson

Newly Enlightened
One thing about the Aleph tailcaps--I don't believe any of them are "clickies" and you indicated you wanted to keep your "clickie." They are, however, ready-made two stage switches that will work with the L4. They function much like the L1 tailcap, I believe.

- Jared

castle1911

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help. It looks like the 22 ohm resistor would be a good combination with the L4. How do I go about ordering the switch?

Newly Enlightened
I would order from The Sandwich Shoppe. (see below in the dealers/manufacturers, or look under the banner ads for the site ). They stock the necessary parts. Great people and service.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
I own the Mc2ES 22 ohm with the Trim Tailcap and without question it is one of the best investments that I have made. Please let us know how you make out.

castle1911

Newly Enlightened
Hello - Got the 22 ohm switch. Installed and so far so good. One question though, to disengage the light, I need to unscrew the tailcap so far that it is no longer engaging the o-ring on the light. Any suggestions on what do do?
Thanks.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
The Aleph tailcaps do not have a lockout-position, so unscrewing furhter won't help. Normally it is completely sufficient to back the cap off a little as the required pressure to activate the switch is relatively high. I never had an Standard Aleph tailcap turn on in my pocket. For the FT-versions I'd be a bit more careful.
bernie