Bulb options for a Mag85?

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am using potted WA1185's in my Mag85. I was wondering if there is a potted bulb that produces less light with more runtime? I could go as low as 200 lumens to start. I am using FiveMega's 3D-9AA battery holder.

fivemega

Flashlight Enthusiast
NotRegulated said:
I am using potted WA1185's in my Mag85. I was wondering if there is a potted bulb that produces less light with more runtime? I could go as low as 200 lumens to start. I am using FiveMega's 3D-9AA battery holder.
You may want to try Carley 809. If still too bright for you, then try 9.6V worklight bulb.

juancho

Enlightened
For longer runtime and not much less light try WA01331 (or the more expensive version 1318) see Litho123 or Lightedge or sometimes Fivemega for your bulbs needs.
regards
Juancho

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
the 1331 i love the bulb.. it's fragile though.. i blew 2 of them by turning on with too fresh of a charge on the batteries (1650 batts.. maybe with 2500s you'd have better luck.. i'm working on a soft-start solution to fix that problem).

-awr

Lurveleven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the CA809 is the only one that has been easy to get potted. For bi-pin bulbs you have more options, WA1306 is my favourite. Gives about twice the runtime of the WA1331 as recommended above, and about 3 times the runtime of the WA1185. The output is more than enough for most conditions, and the bulb life is longer than the WA1331.

Sigbjoern

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
i love seeing people make 'rational' decisions picking a bulb.. sage advice lurve.

oh.. love the re-rater very cool you have that in your sig.. I saved my URL in a bit simpler format so it doesn't come up with a re-rated value in theire (i.e. zero amps)..

http://www.walamp.com/lpd/webstore/rerate.tpl?&partnumber=01185-U for example (leaving in the 01185-U so i don't have to remember the exact format.. and clicking on the 'R' next to a voltage in the list will give me their re-rated value.. of course i can then put in the appropriate current and voltage in the URL to change things up.

-awr