Absolutely amazing....

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just received my McCulloch X990 from Greg at BrightGuy, and charged up the batteries while waiting for the night.

I live out in the country. When I turned that X990 on, one would have thought a B52 Bomber with its runway lights on was coming in for a landing. Absolutely amazing.

The X990 is worth every penny, and I can highly recommend it to all CPF`ers. It is another "must have" flashlight...if you can call the X990 a flashlight (it`s so bright).

I treasure my Surefire M6`s, and the M6 is the flashlight I`ll still pick up (along with my Glock 21) when things go bump in the night. IMHO, the M6 is still, pound for pound, one of the best flashlights ever made.

BUT...when you want to really turn the entire nighttime countryside into massive broad daylight, the X990 rules!

beam_me_up

Enlightened
I applaud those with the wallets that can afford these expensive $450+ lights, but my $45 3 million cp spotlight will do just fine for me
smile.gif

fracman

Newly Enlightened
I have the 45$ vector and the x990. The x990 was well worth the dough, even though I may put the vectors in every car.

Velcro

Enlightened
Zerox, to see how bright the X990 is compared to vector (and other lights), take a look at the pics in this thread.
There is no comparison.
blush.gif

Greetings
Velcro

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost bought the X990, but decided between the 6# & the almost too bright light, to go with the Light Cannon. Besides, I'll be useing it in the kayak or bass buggy for night fishing, & I'ld feel more comfortable dropping the LC in the water than the X990. I'm sure I'll still want the X990, but I'll get a lot more use out of the LC. TX

kq2h

Newly Enlightened
I also received my X990 last week and have the same reaction: It is @$#%^ bright!!!. I like the warm color bulb that comes with it. Has anyone opened one up to take a peek at the ballast???

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, and there's not much to see.. imagine a square candy bar with wires going in one side, and wires coming out the other. BTW, its a real pain in the butt getting the o-ring seal back in place, so I don't recommend taking the X990 apart, unless you have an extra hour or so to kill

Rumble

Newly Enlightened
How much impact can this light take on a drop to the ground? If the bulb breaks, how much does it cost to replace and are they easy to buy?

Burton

Saaby

Flashaholic
Wow! Looks to be a very nice light...I'll just wait for the price to come down a bit
wink.gif

P.S. I dont think I've ever had over $300 in my posession at any one time in my life
grin.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Saaby:
P.S. I dont think I've ever had over $300 in my posession at any one time in my life
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

heheheh... join the club!
I too would love to see one of these lights, but it looks like I'll have to settle for other people's pictures.
blush.gif

I do have a Light Cannon though, so I'm not exactly what you'd call "HID-less In Seattle".
grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
I think when my dad gets a job he'll probably get a new car...it might have HID headlights
grin.gif
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

well there's the lower-cost option of buying the HID "work-lights" from McCulloch
and wiring up your own 12 volt source..me, I'm still waiting for a 2 degree reflector..

K-T

*Moderator*
Did I get that right: there is going to be a 2° reflector for that HID light? That must produce some impressive beam:
rolleyes.gif

Klaus
wink.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

the 2 degree reflector for the x990 is to the best of my knowledge my own made- up fantasy .. I chose that number because that is the narrowest beam angle of the Maxa-Beam.
Magaray? wow. I already emailed asking the price..mm..> or< $ than MB I wonder..?