Maxpedition - Active Shooter Bag 4
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any info on SF HID's ?

Enlightened

Default Any info on SF HID\'s ?

I'd appreciate any pricing information and/or possible release dates for their new models.

Thanks,
    Walt

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Any info on SF HID\'s ?

OK Walt,

Pricing = quite a lot (I.E., more than you can even imagine ... ).
    Availability = soon (But probably later than you'd like).

This adds up to time to save for them, which is very considerate of SureFire.

Long ago, when Rolls-Royce were asked what the BHP of their engines was, they used to answer:
    " Adequate, Sir".

Bless them both,

lightlover

Ps - Al might have more info.

He might...

What is up with you Brits and this god awful sense of humour? Either Al has HID info or he doesn't. So cryptic and at the same time, unfulfilling. Words that don't convey much meaning or info but at the same time, use up bytes and bandwith. I suppose this is some sort of art to be mastered?!

Do you guys find the RR comment meaningful? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Horsepower in terms of numbers. That's what the yanks want. Numbers to brag about. Numbers that mean something. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Did we come to America because of persecution? No, we didn't. Did we come looking to woo women? Probably. Did we come to escape the lunancy of talking in circles? Yes, by gum, we did!

Flashaholic*

Sounds like you American types lost the art of subtle humour somewhere along the way.

We Australians managed to nurture it and turn it into our own perverted version which even Poms occasionally have trouble with..

Graham

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
    Sounds like you American types lost the art of subtle humour somewhere along the way.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You need to be careful about lumping all "you Americans" in any one catagory. I find the humor at CPF to be second only to the information I pick up here. TX

Flashaholic*

We're all being light-hearted, I think.

That's where those bandwidth-grabbing smileys are so important. Writing doesn't carry the same nuances as speech.

lightlover :GRIN: :GLOOP:

Flashaholic*

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
    You need to be careful about lumping all "you Americans" in any one catagory. I find the humor at CPF to be second only to the information I pick up here. TX<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense intended. My poor attempt at a subtle joke at the expense of 'you Americans'. Meant to put a couple smileys in there but forgot. Please accept my humble apologies for any offense.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Graham

Sorry I left off the........ TX
    BTW, I happen to like British & Australian humor.

Flashaholic*

So how come no-one's asked me what :GLOOP: means ?

lightlover

I always thought it was an extended GLOP. (sorta in slow motion) :GLOP ;&gt; ) TX
    Sorta like a SNILE....You start with a snear & relax.

Flashaholic*

What does :GLOOP: mean?
    :P

Graham

Flashaholic*

Oh, and just so I can say I'm not outrageously off-topic: I don't know how much the SF HID lights will be either. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Graham

Aussie humour: Hmmm. I think I liked Paul Hogan in Crocodile Dundee, but not in the sequels. Baaaaaad movies. Muriel's Wedding: that was funny. Mad Maxx: Mel Gibson gives it semi-Aussie twist but he's really from this side of the pond. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

British humour: Two thumbs up for Benny Hill. Those guys that did those Monty Python movies were pretty funny. It's a good start and maybe with a little effort they can turn it into something...

USA humour: I can say it all in two words - Nipsey Russell. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Oh yeah. Just to keep things on topic, I'll take a light whenever they're available.

Flashaholic*

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I beg to differ! I enjoy ripping a good FART in a crowded room and laughing as much as anyone! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Enlightened

Well, well, well . . .

I certainly appreciate all your time spent on this [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] and ALL that information !!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I was told this is THE place to find things out. I guess WHAT things one actually finds out, sort of varies a bit.

In all honesty, I knew any accurate SF/HID information may still be a while off. But with Al in a position of influence here, I wasn't really sure. I do know that CPF is THE place to keep looking to.

I complement you on your fine board.

Walt

Jeff,
    Benny Hill's pretty good for British humor, but I think Mr. Bean has't to be the top. TX

Walt,
    Welcome to the board. We generally get carried off topic when no one really has an answer. At least you can't say you didn't get any responces. :&gt; ) TX

Ok Walt

Since you asked. I have been told the Beast will definately be less than $2000. I had commented that I was surprised... we are talking about $ire$ire right? The response was, "for what, batteries, bulb, reflector and machined aluminum?

Enlightened

Thanks all,

While I'm not TOO much over 40, I can remember when a whole new CAR was under $2000.

Us boy's and our toys . . . [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Cool Daddy Administrator

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Walt:
    I can remember when a whole new CAR was under $2000.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah well, that would be like the Mag Solitaire of cars. I just bought a new Solitaire the other day because it was the cheapest way to get the nice accessories that were included in the package.

Back when a new car could be bought for $2,000, there was still the SF of cars out there somewhere, for say $6,000. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hey Darell,

The year was 62, and contrary to what many say, the VW beetle still holds the record for units produced.

And yes, gas was .269 at the gas station across the street from the swim school,; got a picture in the photo album herre somewhere

Flashaholic*

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff:
    Mad Maxx: Mel Gibson gives it semi-Aussie twist but he's really from this side of the pond. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Oh yeah. Just to keep things on topic, I'll take a light whenever they're available.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You really need to see Mad Max in the original Australian to get the most out of it. When it was released in the US, they did a nasty dubbing job for it with North American actors because they were afraid 'you Americans' wouldn't understand our pleasant Aussie twang.
    Yep, Mr Gibson is originally one of you, but everyone has their faults [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Graham
    (not even going to try and pretend that I'm staying on topic..)

Cool Daddy Administrator

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr Ted Bear:
    And yes, gas was .269 at the gas station across the street
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of off-topic... when did gas stations start listing their prices with that 1/9th of a cent tacked on?

I just won myself some free gas for buying some sort of fruit at Safeway. Anybody need some gas? I've got nowhere to put it. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jeff:
    British humour: Two thumbs up for Benny Hill....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatever happened to Morecombe & Wise (Wyse?)? I loved that show. Especially the one when the wonderful (and still young at that time) Diana Rigg did the show, and actually did a scene "in the buff". YUM!

Flashaholic*

Is the &lt;$2K tag for the 20 CR123 primary or the rechargeable? I'd think you'd spend past the price of the Beast in terms of batteries much faster than with the other SFs!

British TV humour. It has its gems:

- Black Adder
    - The Pink Medicine Show
    - Benny Hill
    - Monty Python
    - Mind Your Language

Too bad they're all off-air now. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Walt,

The Beast is still developing stage and it is hard to predict its cost when design is not finished.
    FYI, most SureFire products are not driven by it's target price, rather we try to make a best product we can or know how and it ends up with whatever cost it is.
    Currently we (surefire) are not so pleased with its size and in process of reducing its size.
    I will update you this process on my website as much as I can.
    Thanks for your interest in SF products.
    Any $ figure would be just a speculation at this time.
    Best regards,

pk

Flashaholic*

Sorry, Walt, you're not having much luck here are you ?
    (Y'know, it's not always like this.)

I'll tell you what :GLOOP: means if PK tells us some info on the SFHID's.
    A fair exchange is no robbery, as we say in the UK.

lightlover

:As If He Would !!:

Flashaholic*

Wow, we cross-posted, PK and me !!

So now, I've got to invent a meaning for GLOOP .....

Ummm, it's from the Olde Englishe 12th Century "Glahp'n", meaning: the sound a person makes when his mouth falls open.

Kinda like TX said, a mixture of
    Gulp + Loopy.

That's all really.
    Graham, thank you for caring.

lightlover

Jahn,
    You're not pulling my leg, are you ?? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    Gee, I wish I didn't slept so much on my English classes [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    pk

No legs are pulled by Jahn on this one.

Al

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast