Any info on SF HID's ?

Walt

Newly Enlightened
Any info on SF HID\'s ?

I'd appreciate any pricing information and/or possible release dates for their new models.

Thanks,
Walt

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Any info on SF HID\'s ?

OK Walt,

Pricing = quite a lot (I.E., more than you can even imagine ... ).
Availability = soon (But probably later than you'd like).

This adds up to time to save for them, which is very considerate of SureFire.

Long ago, when Rolls-Royce were asked what the BHP of their engines was, they used to answer:
" Adequate, Sir".

Bless them both,

lightlover

Ps - Al might have more info.

Flashlightboy

Enlightened

What is up with you Brits and this god awful sense of humour? Either Al has HID info or he doesn't. So cryptic and at the same time, unfulfilling. Words that don't convey much meaning or info but at the same time, use up bytes and bandwith. I suppose this is some sort of art to be mastered?!

Do you guys find the RR comment meaningful?
wink.gif
Horsepower in terms of numbers. That's what the yanks want. Numbers to brag about. Numbers that mean something.
grin.gif
wink.gif

Did we come to America because of persecution? No, we didn't. Did we come looking to woo women? Probably. Did we come to escape the lunancy of talking in circles? Yes, by gum, we did!

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds like you American types lost the art of subtle humour somewhere along the way.

We Australians managed to nurture it and turn it into our own perverted version which even Poms occasionally have trouble with..

Graham

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
Sounds like you American types lost the art of subtle humour somewhere along the way.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You need to be careful about lumping all "you Americans" in any one catagory. I find the humor at CPF to be second only to the information I pick up here. TX

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast

We're all being light-hearted, I think.

That's where those bandwidth-grabbing smileys are so important. Writing doesn't carry the same nuances as speech.

lightlover :GRIN: :GLOOP:

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
You need to be careful about lumping all "you Americans" in any one catagory. I find the humor at CPF to be second only to the information I pick up here. TX<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense intended. My poor attempt at a subtle joke at the expense of 'you Americans'. Meant to put a couple smileys in there but forgot. Please accept my humble apologies for any offense..
wink.gif

Graham

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry I left off the........
jump.gif
TX
BTW, I happen to like British & Australian humor.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

I always thought it was an extended GLOP. (sorta in slow motion) :GLOP ;> ) TX
Sorta like a SNILE....You start with a snear & relax.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh, and just so I can say I'm not outrageously off-topic: I don't know how much the SF HID lights will be either.
smile.gif

Graham

Flashlightboy

Enlightened

Aussie humour: Hmmm. I think I liked Paul Hogan in Crocodile Dundee, but not in the sequels. Baaaaaad movies. Muriel's Wedding: that was funny. Mad Maxx: Mel Gibson gives it semi-Aussie twist but he's really from this side of the pond.
tongue.gif
rolleyes.gif

British humour: Two thumbs up for Benny Hill. Those guys that did those Monty Python movies were pretty funny. It's a good start and maybe with a little effort they can turn it into something...

USA humour: I can say it all in two words - Nipsey Russell.
grin.gif

Oh yeah. Just to keep things on topic, I'll take a light whenever they're available.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I beg to differ! I enjoy ripping a good FART in a crowded room and laughing as much as anyone!
shocked.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif
confused.gif
grin.gif

Walt

Newly Enlightened

Well, well, well . . .

I certainly appreciate all your time spent on this
smile.gif
and ALL that information !!!
wink.gif

I was told this is THE place to find things out. I guess WHAT things one actually finds out, sort of varies a bit.

In all honesty, I knew any accurate SF/HID information may still be a while off. But with Al in a position of influence here, I wasn't really sure. I do know that CPF is THE place to keep looking to.

I complement you on your fine board.

Walt

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jeff,
Benny Hill's pretty good for British humor, but I think Mr. Bean has't to be the top. TX

Walt,
Welcome to the board. We generally get carried off topic when no one really has an answer. At least you can't say you didn't get any responces. :> ) TX

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok Walt

Since you asked. I have been told the Beast will definately be less than $2000. I had commented that I was surprised... we are talking about $ire$ire right? The response was, "for what, batteries, bulb, reflector and machined aluminum?

Walt

Newly Enlightened

Thanks all,

While I'm not TOO much over 40, I can remember when a whole new CAR was under $2000.

Us boy's and our toys . . .
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Walt:
I can remember when a whole new CAR was under $2000.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah well, that would be like the Mag Solitaire of cars. I just bought a new Solitaire the other day because it was the cheapest way to get the nice accessories that were included in the package.

Back when a new car could be bought for $2,000, there was still the SF of cars out there somewhere, for say $6,000.
grin.gif