Latest M2 with scalloped bezel and new tail cap???

desmondpun

Newly Enlightened
Can somebody confirm the new M2 has scalloped bezel and new tail cap please?

Last edited:

John N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know about the M2, but if you look at how SF did the M3, they have two models. The M3 and the M3-CB. Check out the pics on their site: SF M3/M3-CB

My guess is if they are going to do new bezel for the M2 that it would end up as a M2-CB and not a replacement for the existing model.

I haven't heard of any change in the tailcap. What did you hear?

FWIW, I saw a M3-CB in a store the other day and it was really good looking. I'm not into the whole CB thing, but it looked a lot nicer with the rounded head and scalloped edge. Very nice.

-john

nc987

Enlightened
Very unlikely they changed the tailcap, but no reason as to why they wouldnt introduce a CB model for the M2 finally since all the other lights in the Surefire Millenium series feature a CB except the M1 obviously. Guess we wont know until Surefire brings their new lights for 06 out in a few months. One thing that is for sure is Surefire is making a headlamp that should be out by first quarter next year and I am anxiously awaiting this.

desmondpun

Newly Enlightened
Foss is looking for trade in the other thread:

"Would like to trade for a M2 Centurion. L5 is in perfect condition, never carried. No scratches or dings - LN. Prefer the new style M2 with scalloped bezel and new tail cap. M2 must be in same condition as L5."

That's why I wonder there is a new M2 with scalloped bezel. I have never seen one.

Des

John N said:
I don't know about the M2, but if you look at how SF did the M3, they have two models. The M3 and the M3-CB. Check out the pics on their site: SF M3/M3-CB

My guess is if they are going to do new bezel for the M2 that it would end up as a M2-CB and not a replacement for the existing model.

I haven't heard of any change in the tailcap. What did you hear?

FWIW, I saw a M3-CB in a store the other day and it was really good looking. I'm not into the whole CB thing, but it looked a lot nicer with the rounded head and scalloped edge. Very nice.

-john

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
I suppose the parallel marketing of the plain and scalloped M3 bezel lights was more to sell all the remaining 'old' bezels than to cater to personal choice.

Some people will prefer the plain bezels, but from what I see on this forum, most prefer the scalloped bezels, for whatever reason. I have an M3 CB, and I like the look of the scalloped bezel, but I can't imagine having to use my light as an impact weapon, although I guess some folk buy them with that in mind (the reasoning behind the E2d and it's many sharp edges).

I have an M2, and carry it mainly in a pocket, so I would personally prefer the plain bezel as it is at present.

If Surefire were to introduce an M2-CB, it would be a large commitment, as the M2 would be the only Millenium light that the bezel would fit (as well as the C, Z and P series). The larger M lights (M3, M4, M6) all have a larger bezel thread, and the turboheads for these are currently offered in plain and CB options, the M3 is odd in that it has a 'small' bezel available, where the other M lights are only offered with the turbohead.

:touche:

Size15's

Flashaholic
RAF_Groundcrew said:
I suppose the parallel marketing of the plain and scalloped M3 bezel lights was more to sell all the remaining 'old' bezels than to cater to personal choice.
I disagree.
The M3-CB (crenelated) was introduced as the sole option as a replacement to the M3 bezel with cooling fins.
The same was the case with the Millennium TurboHead.
Later, SureFire introduced the "non-CB" version which has scallops.
I guess this is because not everybody wanted the overt crenelated bezel on flashlights or WeaponLights.

SureFire have a long history of change the style of the "M3" bezel. There are six major versions that I can tell. Two of which are current.

RAF_Groundcrew said:
Some people will prefer the plain bezels, but from what I see on this forum, most prefer the scalloped bezels, for whatever reason. I have an M3 CB, and I like the look of the scalloped bezel, but I can't imagine having to use my light as an impact weapon, although I guess some folk buy them with that in mind (the reasoning behind the E2d and it's many sharp edges).
I agree, I prefer the scalloped rather than crenelated verion - it's easier to carry and handle - it doesn't get caught or snagged on things. It's also a bit shorter.

RAF_Groundcrew said:
If Surefire were to introduce an M2-CB, it would be a large commitment...
The "crenelated" and "scalloped" bezel rims replace the 'plastic' ring that retains the window. It means modifying the bezel. SureFire would still offer crenelated or scalloped choice.

RAF_Groundcrew said:
...as the M2 would be the only Millenium light that the bezel would fit (as well as the C, Z and P series).
So what about the M95 Millennium Series WeaponLights then?
Or, the LU60A for the ScoutLight?

RAF_Groundcrew said:
The larger M lights (M3, M4, M6) all have a larger bezel thread, and the turboheads for these are currently offered in plain and CB options...
Incorrect. The current versions of the "M3" and "Millennium TurboHead" bezels are offered in scalloped or crenelated. "Plain" bezels with 'plastic' window retain rings are old stock.

Latest posts