• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired F/S: 2x 2D Mag85 BiPins!!! **SOLD**

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Sale:

mag851.jpg

mag852.jpg

I have for sale two custom built (by me :naughty:) Mag85 lights. Both lights are based on a Mag 2D frame, meaning that the WA1185 is being driven by 8 NiMH batteries. This is someone underdriven from the 9 battery configuration, but I always felt that they produce a tremendous amount of usable light while being a bit more gentle on the bulb, thus extending its overall bulb life. The lights provide about 35-40 minutes of battery life on a charge before rapidly dimming out.

The lights come with:
1) UCL Borofloat lens from Flashlightlens.com
2) Modamag MOP aluminum reflector (brand new)
3) Fivemega (?) built custom battery holder
4) Bi pin modified bulb holder (from a MagCharger Kit)
5) One slightly used WA1185 and a brand new backup WA1185 bulb.
6) Custom cut tail spring to allow for easy but positive contact with Battery cage.
6) A piece of USCG approved Solaric reflective tape adornes each light's tail.

In addition both bodies have been bored out by Modamag to accomidate just about any AA NiMH battery. This allows this light to be utilized for alot of other modifications if you ever get sick of the Mag85 configuration. For example, I know there is some talk about putting Li Ions in 2Ds.

I will include batteries for free, even though they are not in the greatest condition. They work perfectly, but before the lights were bored out it was a pretty tight squeeze which resulted in a bit of damage to the outer wrapper of the battery. I fixed this with a bit of electrical tape. Otherwise they are operationally perfect.

I'd say each light might have about 2 hours of runtime each. They are in perfect condition though.

One final note: If you'd prefer the stock PR based bulb holder, I can put that in there as well. But please be aware that in this configuration, I can only provide one potted WA1185 bulb. The pricing will remain the same.

Asking $100 each, shipped CONUS. PP Only please. International buyers, please add $10 dollars US.

First to post "I'll take it" on this thread will get priority. Please let me know which light you'd like: Green or Pewter.

Any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: 2x 2D Mag85 BiPins!!! **Prices Dropped**

8 cpb 1650 nimh batteries ought to be perfect for these lights. ;)
9 cpb 1650's reportedly instaflash 1185 bulbs. :eek:oo:

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Another option to bump up the output would be to put one of fivemega's 7.2v axial bulbs in there with those energizers. (with batteries that have rested after charging)

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can Energizer 2500mah NiMH be used in these lights? Not being familiar with the 1185, how much light do they produce?

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Stonedog,

Thanks for your interest. To answer your questions:

1) Yes, this light can accept Engergizer NiMH 2500ma batteries. Actually that's what one of the lights comes with. The light body was bored out to accept just about any battery AA NiMH battery brand. Works great thanks to Modamag.

2) Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but the WA1185 runs at about 1050 lumens if overdriven by one NiMH battery (i.e. 9 x AA NiMHs). However, running at stock 9.6 volts (i.e. 8 x AA NiMHs) it produces about 800 lumens. So to be on the safe side, I'd say this thing is cranking out somewhere between 700 to 800 lumens out of a 2D Mag body. Not too shabby. SOMEONE please correct me if I'm incorrect.

MSax

NikolaTesla

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not in my 3 Mag 85's. Must have been a weak bulb or someone did not WAIT until the batteries cooled after charging.

That is a Modamag holder not FM

3rd_shift said:
8 cpb 1650 nimh batteries ought to be perfect for these lights. ;)
9 cpb 1650's reportedly instaflash 1185 bulbs. :eek:oo:

Last edited:

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: F/S: 2x 2D Mag85 BiPins!!! **Final $ Drop**

Thanks for the clarification Fivemega. Final price drop.

Guys these are bored lights. They are not stock bodies.