What batteries fit 8AA to 2D unbored Mag?

Jon_L

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to post this redundant question - I remember a careful study of the diameter, fit, and capacity of various AA cells, but I just can't find it and would like to try FiveMega's 7.2 axial bulb with 8AA's in my Mag 2D. Opinions on capacity and current capability of these thin cells would be welcome too.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately, the link the modamag's battery compatibility matrix thread isn't working. If my memory serves me correctly, it was basically limited to only two brands. I'm pretty sure one of them was Sony. The other is likely to be Sanyo, but not positive. Also, I think there may have been 1 type of rayovac that was a tight fit. I believe the Sony and the Sanyo's were loose fits. If Modamag doesn't chime in, you could always PM him. I'd guess it's pretty likely that he'd know!

Oh, and by the way, the unbored Mag needs to be black. The colored ones need boring (as reported in the thread).

Last edited:

BVH

Flashaholic
Titanium 2400's and 2600's fit in my unbored Mag 2D's using FiveMega's 8AA to D adapter. I takes a little bit of pressure to get it in but nothing excessive and it comes out with a bit of shaking.

offroadcmpr

Enlightened
Trashman said:
Oh, and by the way, the unbored Mag needs to be black. The colored ones need boring (as reported in the thread).

My silver unbored mag fits rayovac 1800s pretty losely, so it may depend on what color.(assuming the silver counts as a color?)

Jon_L

Newly Enlightened
Thanks so much everyone for help on this question.

Since Titanium cells did so well in Silverfox's tests, and since I'll charge them as a pack without removal, the tight Titanium cells will be perfect. Plus, Armondotech is just down the street!

Wayne will be happy to hear CPF hotwires can use his 4AA batt's.

Keep in mind, though, maybe for black D Mag's only.