My River Rock treasure hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
A few weeks ago I bought a River Rock LED lantern at Target. I used it camping the last 2 weekends and liked it so much, I decided to get a couple more.

Well, the word must be out on River Rock lights. My local Target was completely wiped out of River Rock flashlights and lanterns. While I was running around doing other shopping, I stopped in at a couple more Target stores - same story.

Now the treasure hunt is really on. 4th Target store (20 mi from home) - some River Rock flashlights but no lanterns. Losing hope now. One more Target store 15 miles down the road. Last one I'm aware of anywhere around here. I walk over to the flashlight section expecting to see more bare displays, but, low and behold, on a nearly empty display section, there are two lonely River Rock lanterns.

Treasure hunt ends in success.

Does anyone know anything about the manufacturer or distributor of these lights. A Google search came up empty for me.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
this_is_nascar said:
Jim, I still have an extra from my last trip to Target. I'll sell it to you at cost + shipping if you'd like.

TIN,

Thanks for the offer. Give it a day or two to see if someone else wants it. I don't want to be greedy. If no one else needs it, I'll take it. Christmas is sneaking up quick.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anti_Candescent said:
God I'm sick of TIN pedeling off lights in threads. BST

I don't see it as "TIN peddling off lights". I see it as a perfectly valid response to my original post. He's not trying to sell a light - just offering as a favor, at cost, to someone having trouble finding the light.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
You couldn't just let it die, could you? For everyone's sake, maybe in the future you could PM or e-mail offers?

Ledean

Enlightened
this_is_nascar said:
Sorry. I thought I was being helpful. I think this new software also allows you to ignore a user. Click on my name and find that ignore button.

He was just trying to be helpful selling it at cost.:)

Anti_Candescent

Enlightened
Well I'm tired of watching him "peddle" things whenever they happen to be near the topic light. PM or BST them. Peddle: sell or offer for sale from place to place. Sounds fitting to me!

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
TIN was obviously doing a break-even favor for a CPF friend. I would have done exactly the same thing in the circumstance, What he may or may not have done at other times is not the issue.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, i get the impression from Anti_Candescent's post that that's *exactly* the issue. And now that we're on on the same page, this would be a very good time to let this thread die a relatively quick death.

BIGIRON said:
TIN was obviously doing a break-even favor for a CPF friend. I would have done exactly the same thing in the circumstance, What he may or may not have done at other times is not the issue.

Darell

Flashaholic
Yeah - lots of this could have been handled quite a bit differently. Come on guys... we're all here to help each other. If you have an issue with another member, it is usually best to try and resolve it OFFLINE first. Dragging a thread into the gutter is rarely the correct answer.

I mean... we aren't politicians here!

Locked (oops, Al beat me to it while I was waxing poetic.)

Status
Not open for further replies.