Re-enegized batteries?

greenLED

Flashaholic
Personally, I don't really believe those claims, but I don't know enough about battery chemistry.

If you want rechargeable batteries, try some of the vendors on CPF who deal with that kind of stuff.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Webley,

I believe it is true that the cells are at 3.33 volts. I do not believe you will have anywhere near the same capacity as a new cell.

With new cells available in the $1.00 to $1.25 range, it is hard to get excited about purchasing used cells.

These may work in a very low power application, but I don't think they will do well in flashlights at all.

Tom

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd even use new Golston cells before I'd trust recharged primary cells. I've seen those go for 10 cents each on ebay, and those probably won't self-discharge quickly.

BTW the cell being measured in the pic appears to be a Teckraf Tekcell from Korea. There are various Duracells and Panasonics in the pile, each with a different chemistry. Which one will leak first in your light after recharging?

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I hope this guy manages to keep all his fingers. My abortive attempt at recharging lithiums about 10 years ago ended with one cell exploding in my hand plus a white cloud of smoke filling the entire basement. I'm lucky I didn't lose any fingers, go blind, or suffer any permanent harm. BTW, the cells I attempted to recharge were 3.6 lithium thionyl chloride 1/2 AAs. A CR123 packs a lot more punch to it. You would probably lose at least a few fingers if you happened to be holding one when it blew.