ducktape flashlight headholded

assassin337

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys this really off topic if you will but anyway. I have a fenix l1p and i read on the forums somewhere that a headlamp is the perferable choice over flashlights with extended work. I didnt want to buy a headlamp. I had seen a cool holder for a flashlihgt that goes on your head so your flashlight acts as a headlamp. But I didnt have the money so I made one of duct tape. so Im suggesting that if you dont have a headlamp amke a flahlight holder out of ducttape....tada:grin2:

i do not expect anyone to respond to this so if you dont want to be considered an outcast dont post

Topper

Flashaholic*
I guess I do not care if I am an outcast so I will respond to this thread. Duct tape is heck on hair, if you are bald it might work very well if you got lots of hair then you won't have after peeling this mod ofyour head.
Topper

assassin337

Newly Enlightened
actualyy I did it really carefully so no sticky parts are showing and trust me my hair is really long. Man I cant wait to play airsoft in the dark with this thing:xyxgun: as far as pics maybe.

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast
assassin337 said:
Hey guys this really off topic if you will but anyway. I have a fenix l1p and i read on the forums somewhere that a headlamp is the perferable choice over flashlights with extended work. I didnt want to buy a headlamp. I had seen a cool holder for a flashlihgt that goes on your head so your flashlight acts as a headlamp. But I didnt have the money so I made one of duct tape. so Im suggesting that if you dont have a headlamp amke a flahlight holder out of ducttape....tada:grin2:

i do not expect anyone to respond to this so if you dont want to be considered an outcast dont post

You must be red greens flashaholic brother! :) VDG

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast
voodoogreg said:
You must be red greens flashaholic brother! :) VDG

Yeah, Red Green can make anything out of duct tape! :D

Assassin -- this is a very good idea. I bought an elastic and velcro headband to hold my L4 so that I could read in bed when the power drops out. But it works only marginally. I'm now thinking that I could make a duct tape headband with some adjustability that would perform much better. Like Icarus, I want to see pictures!

Paul

Last edited:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Nite Ize sells something that would strap a Fenix to your head. IIRC, the problem is that when being worn, the angle of the light is too high relative to where you're facing.

Yeah, a pic of this duct tape headband is a requirement!

jashhash

Enlightened
you could just tape the light to the bill of a baseball cap. I found my Q3 can clip to a baseball cap making a sort of head lamp.

assassin337

Newly Enlightened
Ya actually im not red greens cousin I just live in a ducktape inviroment,church youth group homeschool friends most of whom use ducktape ducktape. Theres a kid at my camp that can make chokos (a really exspensive and hardcore sandals) from sticks and ducktape. And hopefully pictures will be up soon.

Banshee

Enlightened
Ducktape and ZipTies make the world go around.

While I await Elektrolumens to make my bike light I have a McLuxIII=PD ziptied to my helmet as a makeshift head-light. Looks like shite..but it works.

knot_lover

Newly Enlightened
assassin337 said:
Theres a kid at my camp that can make chokos (a really exspensive and hardcore sandals) from sticks and ducktape. And hopefully pictures will be up soon.

I think you mean "Chacos".
And I would love to see some pics!

BlackDecker

Enlightened
As cheap as decent headlamps have become, why not just buy a > $20 headlamp like a PT Aurora or River Rock headlamp?

If I saw one of you dudes with a flashlight duct taped to your ballcap, I'd have to roll over and start laughing!

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
assassin337 said:
Ya actually im not red greens cousin I just live in a ducktape inviroment,church youth group homeschool friends most of whom use ducktape ducktape. Theres a kid at my camp that can make chokos (a really exspensive and hardcore sandals) from sticks and ducktape. And hopefully pictures will be up soon.

Lower class. Upper class people use gaffers tape and nylon ties.

(Gaffers tape is superior in almost every respect, does not leave a residue, comes in a bazallion colors AND there are glow in the dark versions.)

assassin337

Newly Enlightened
yes I do mean chacos thx for correction :)
as far as buying a cheap headlamp I dont realy have any money right now...none. And a ducktape flashlight holder is way cooler :rock:
And im hoping to have pics up by saturday.

assassin337

Newly Enlightened
There they are guys I might get a few more up later. You can start laughing now:crackup: I am thinking about balancing it out by putting a spare battery holder on the other side. Ducktape of course:grin2:

Last edited: