FENIX FOLLY- stupid

savumaki

Enlightened
Have you ever done anything incredibly STUPID:awman:. Not hurtfull to anyone, just plain stupid.

Here's my tale of woe;

I participated in the recent GB and got two Fenix lights (which are great BTW).
I anxiously awaited nightfall to give one a workout, I even postponed some much delayed burning (in a barrel) items that had been collecting over the summer; now was the time !!! I started the burning process and loaded the scraps of wood, cardboard, tree trimmings and whatever to the already burning barrel, AND THEN, being dark enough I reached into my pocket for the Fenix and removed it from the super case it came with.

My thoughts were to check the surrounding area and clean up any errant scraps and put them in the barrel also. Having done all this I went to replace the Fenix in its case and...................................... OH NO:oops:

Picking up the scraps with my left hand (which also contained the Fenix case)
I proceeded to deposit ALL into the burn barrel :sick:, boy was that dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb ( I'll leave 'stupid' for my wife)

And to top it all off, my wife comes along and :crackup:

Yes sir, that was STUPID.

Karl

Santelmo

Enlightened
Remember the guy who took a break from ironing his clothes and was watching his favorite TV program, then suddenly, the PHONE rings. . .

Solstice

Flashlight Enthusiast
4sevens said in another thread that he may be able to provide replacement holsters if needed- shouldn't be too expensive.

savumaki

Enlightened
The_LED_Museum said:
Looked to me like he accidentally disposed of the holster, not the Fenix itself.

Yep-just the holster; boy do you get a helpless feeling when you look in the barrel and there under the glare of your new Fenix is the case, trying to make out like an overdone marshmellow :huh:.

Karl