Pelican 2390 / M6 HA

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know whether the Pelican M6 HA 3w light being advertised by Pelican as the 2390 in color green is the same as the one carried by Battery Station other than serial number. The one on Battery Station looks grey or possibly grey-green (similar to Surefire). The light on the Pelican website looks like a putrid moss-green. Online dealers are using the same photo. I'm wondering if they are actually different colors or whether its just the photograph (my guess - the green in the photo looks just too bright).

Obviously the reason I'm asking is that some dealers are starting to carry the light for quite a bit less than Battery Station's $99 price. I don't want to pay just for a serial #.

Thanks.

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The photo looks like its been colored... not a real pic of the light. Its a really cool light IMHO, and great tint.

-David

Geddinight

Newly Enlightened
I got my m6 HA 3w from Kevin at Battery Station. Right on the box it states 2390, some other numbers and green. My light is definately an olive drab color. I think it is the same light pelican is just releasing.
I for one wanted a serial number. I think the production run was limited to 400 units for Battery Station. In years to come, it might make it a sought after collectable. The serial number helps keep track of whose light is whose if there is more than one somewheres.

not2bright

Enlightened
Illumination,

It is the same light sans serial number. But if you are not concerned about the serial numbered special run version, you should check out the PentagonLight L2. It is built better, identical to the eye - beam and output, better HA, UCL lens. Both sport regulation and lifetime warranty. Oh and the better L2 costs $68.

I'm not saying the PM6 HA 3W 2390 is a bad light, it is a really good light. However the PL L2 is an extraordinary light and a great value by comparison.

I own both (PM6 #185) and the L2 IMO is the better of the two.

Last edited: