Surefire E2 vs. Surefire E2e ?

DavidTHR

Enlightened
Although I have had both for some time (my E2 is circa 2003 and my E2e is circa 2004), I just did a little experiment with them.

I put in a BRAND NEW set of Surefire lithiums and each light, and I focused their beams on a wall about 20 feet away.

I was really surprised at what I observed: My E2e had a MUCH "whiter" and "brighter" light than my E2.

I never expected this.

I would have thought the light beam from both the E2 and the E2e would be virtually the same in observed "whiteness" and "brightness" since their specs from Surefire, if I recall correctly, are basically the same (i.e. 60 lumens of light for about 75 minutes on a set of batteries).

Is my experience unique, or is this common with the E2 vs. the E2e?

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
My Outdoorsman has a blue lamp assy which is lower output/longer runtime than my E2e with beige LA. I forget the lamp numbers.

Larry

iNDiGLo

"the Precious..."
DavidTHR,

If that extra bright light from your E2e causes you to lose sleep at night i'll take it off your hands. I wouldn't want you to lose your sanity. :nana:

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are two lamp assemblies for the E2 series:

White Base MN03 is 60 lumens
Blue Base MN02 is 25 lumens

For whatever reason, the Outdoorsman comes stock with the MN02 and the Executive Elite comes with the MN03.

David, check the bases on your two lamps. If they are different colors, they are different outputs. Otherwise, the E2 and E2E should have identical output and beam quality.

Mark