Maxpedition - Active Shooter Bag 3
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Thread: Flashlights in TV shows and movies

Default Re: Flashlights in TV shows and movies

Thanks Size15's

Hey Supernam we figured out that that was an SF M6 in Silent Hill. My questions were what is that light Rose found in the school? It was old but had a lot of output it had to be modified. And what was the light on the police womens shoulder? The square one she uses when they are in the school.

Flashaholic

I bought a Surefire L2 that was used in the lastest xXx State of the Union movie. With it came the prop L2 they created out of rubber. It's pretty cool but it is simply a created prop. It's also probable that most of the lights discussed in this thread are simply props. Unless it is actually on and shining, chances are it's made of rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by CHC
    The one I kind of don't agree with is the Mag-Lights used by the Secret Service men in the movie Transporter2. I thought the U.S.S.S. were issued SF 6P/6Z if I remember reading that correctly in one of the gun magazines.
    Yeah, 6p's have been issued to the Secret Service since the Reagan administration.
    I wish everything I owned was as nice as my SureFire.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadof6
    I bought a Surefire L2 that was used in the lastest xXx State of the Union movie. With it came the prop L2 they created out of rubber. It's pretty cool but it is simply a created prop. It's also probable that most of the lights discussed in this thread are simply props. Unless it is actually on and shining, chances are it's made of rubber.
    The rubber ones are usually stunt doubles used for the action scenes to reduce chances of injury. I doubt that the production of small quantities of rubber doubles is much cheaper than buying a real flashlight for non-action scenes (well, maybe except M6s).

It's not out yet but I just worked on a show called 'Losing Gemma' based on the thriller of the same name.

In a dream sequence, our main character wanders through a deserted, crashing airliner using a SUREFIRE M6 for illumination - I think they used smoke/insense to make the beam show up on film, but I had great fun adding 'whooshes' to the sound fx every time she waves the beam past the camera.

Apparently the Director and DOP lit this scene with several surefires as it created the look they wanted.And I suppose that if you want to show a powerful light in hand held form, you can't go far wrong with the M6.

I tried dropping hints but no complementary M6's were forthcoming!! But I'll bet the props department has a few new lights in their arsenal!

The scene is in episode one and the show is really worth a look.

Be lucky...

Default Re: Posiedon

Quote Originally Posted by Supernam
    Speaking of movie flashlights... Silent Hill featured what looked to be a SF M6. It was used quite a lot and was the definition of a SHTF light!
    Perhaps even more impressive was that the cheap stamped steel light still worked with 30 year old D-cells. But perhaps batteries don't age in hell, since those "tusken raiders" did cobble up lights using batteries and headlights from 30 year old cars.

I just re-watched Boondock Saints, and in the ventilation duct scene (where they're lugging the rope), the two brothers use Mags. Bear in mind that this movie is several years old, so tactical lights were not so popular yet.

Flashaholic*

Was watching Dirty Jobs and he was doing a controlled burn with the fire department and they had what looked like UKs strapped to their helmet. I only caught a quick glance but that is what they looked like.
    Lee

Life is too important to be taken seriously: Oscar Wilde

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Nyctophiliac
    I just bought the boxed set of HBO's 'From the Earth to the Moon' and in ep4 the read out a message to Earth using a flashlight. It appears to be gold, like the mag like torch in 'Apollo 13' but is thicker and shorter. I think it is a Surefire 6P or even 3P sprayed gold. It looked very powerful but is a bit anachronistic for 1968!!
    The real flashlight used by NASA late 60's was a custom brass job with a convex lens on it. About the size of a minimag but with a 6p shape. They have one on display at Dulles Air and Space museum. I took a couple pictures but I can't seem to find them.
    Light is the activity of what is transparent - Aristotle

Cave dave , wow - so it looks like 'From the Earth to the moon' got it right and 'Apollo 13' got it wrong??

I must go through my copy of both to check.(Yeah, like with all my free time, job,family,torch testing etc.

Be lucky...

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Sixpointone
    In the movie "Alone In The Dark" Tara Reid was using a Flashlight. And although I thought that was cool, I have no idea what type.

That is mainly due to me looking more at her, and less at the Light itself.
    Not sure if she sported it too, but Christian Slater used an M6 at one point.

In his movie "Mindhunters" they have been using a couple of M6`s as well... .
    Several Surefires : E1B, 6P (`95 Laser Products), C2, G2, G2L, Z2, M3, M6

MAGCharger and some other MAGLites

Flashaholic*

One of the people on Bones was just using a black Inova looked like X1 might have been an X5 on the show. was hard to tell you did not see the head or beam and he looks like he has smallish hands so it may have been the X5 because it looks bigger than the X1 in his hands. You could see the rubber and stainless ring on the twist cap though which was a first for me.
    Lee

I was watching the remake of 'Battlestar Galactica' pilot yesterday (I know ...way late!) and when they go to the arms depot they're all using some kind of spotlight torch with a handle - beam a bit like a maxabeam but obviously cosmetically modified - but when Commander Adama gets trapped in an explosion there's a couple of shots of the chief using a dive torch - looked like a unmodified UK of some description. I think it was a blue Sunlight - seen in very close up - anybody else catch this??

Be lucky...

What did they use mounted on their weapons on the Stargate series?

Quote Originally Posted by postalguy
    What did they use mounted on their weapons on the Stargate series?
    Mostly on the FN P90's we see the StreamLight Scorpion. However, sometimes we also see a taclight with a tape switch which could be a SureFire or a SureFire-Clone

On the MP5's we see what appears to be a standard SureFire 628 forend but if it's not a real MP5 it's like to be SureFire-clone forend too.

Sometimes we see M4's which also have the Scorpion.

Later, the G36K's have Scorpions.

Atlantis use the P90 with Scorpion.

In Kill Bill part 2 when she's buried in the alive... Bud gives her a 2D US Ranger "vintage" flashlight. I have one in my collection. You can clearly see the switch and the nameplate in the movie along with it's distintive shape.

Flashaholic

An M4 can be seen quite a bit in the B-horror movie "Toolbox Murders" (2004) by Tobe Hooper.
    Several Surefires : E1B, 6P (`95 Laser Products), C2, G2, G2L, Z2, M3, M6

MAGCharger and some other MAGLites

Flashaholic*

On Bones last night she used a blue Streamlight Stylus, I didn't see it yet, my wife actually spotted it, and told me about it lol. I got her one a while back along with several other lights and now she is paying attention to flashlights on tv, lol.
    Lee

Default CSI NY - Not what it seems

CSI: New York yesterday - episode "Not what it seems" - an investigator (Gary Sinise, I think) used either a Surefire A2 or new style L1 to search an apartment. I could clearly see the six sided base to the head and the four flat style body. By the length it was in his hand, it had to have been an A2. Looked like he was using only the LEDs, but the whole scene was dark and the reflecor was totally lit up.

Flashaholic

Anyone watch Dog the Bounty Hunter ? They have a huge spotlight that's about a gazzillion cp. An ideal light for lighting up a 10 foot pathway to a known suspects front door ! They also have some handheld lights too.

Flashaholic*

Default Flashlights in "The Guardian" movie.

I just watchd the movie "The Guardian", with a plot involving Coast Guard Rescue Swimmers. The was very little in the way of flashlights. In the Coast Guard barracks room there were some rechargeable Mag lights mounted on the wall. But when these guys went into the ocean it seemed they had no flashlights/helmet lights etc. - whenever they needed illumination they would have to ignite a flare.

Default Re: Flashlights in "The Guardian" movie.

Edited, thread merged.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Joe
    I drool everytime I see a Maxabeam in a movie or TV show.

Did anyone notice there was a SF-E1E clipped to the shoulder of Lara Croft's wet suit in the second movie ?

What's wrong with me here's Angelina Jolie, dripping wet in a skin tight wet suit and I'm looking at her flashlight

LOL, i saw the movie before i was a flashaholic. i was looking at angelina jolie,not the light. maybe someday i will dig out the disc and look out for the E1E.
    i was NORMAL!!!111oneoneone
    if killing was legal, i would have killed countless number of people...

Did anyone see the flashlight in Sympathy for Lady Vengeance?

It was a 3 cell Surefire with a turbohead, but I'm not sure which model. It was very clearly shown.

I highly recommend the movie; it was a good one. Someone more knowledgeable than myself should watch it and determine what the flashlight was, exactly.
    Last edited by dagger10k; 10-03-2006 at 04:31 PM. Reason: fun

Default Re: Flashlights used in TV's 'Supernatural'

I've also identified a Surefire E2E-GM with the teardrop shaped marks on the bezel.....

Interesting how they add the "click" sound when they twist on the M4s and E2s.....pretty sure they're not clickies as they definately twist them on...

dragoman
    EDC - varies

Lights - all sold except for my P1, D2 w/ Cree drop in, Cabelas 12V Turbohead and assorted generic lights

On the current episode of "Bones" (4th Oct), they used Gladii. Seems to be a permament extension, since all main characters had one, while the guest star had the standard SL Scorpion (incan). And Bones did not took good care of her equipment. She arrived fresh on the scene with empty batteries; the Gladius blinked.

The teaser ended with a beautiful overhead shot with three (or were there four?) Gladii beams nicely exposed shining up (is this now already a spoiler for non-flashaholics?).
    Last edited by elgarak; 10-04-2006 at 07:22 PM.

Flashaholic*

This morning when I was eating breakfast I flicked through the channels and spotted Kolchak The Night Stalker on SciFi with Darrin Macgavin, one of my fav shows when I was a kid. While watching I saw he was using an old chrome Eveready Penlight ahh memories, I remember using one about that time too, lol.
    Lee

Flashaholic

Last night on "Jericho" where the kid came upon a stopped train, it looked like he had a Mag 4D (which I have). I thought it was 'cause the shape looked awfully familiar. Except the light beam appeared to be from an incan bulb, whereas I have Diamond DB-3W drop-in in mine. Can anyone verify that it was a Mag 4D on the show?

BTW, I don't watch the show. I was just killing time until "Criminal Mind" came on, and just wanted to get a better idea what the show was about.
    Last edited by Dark Vapor; 10-07-2006 at 04:01 AM. Reason: added 2nd paragraph; (10/06/06) how could I forget that the EverLED got replaced with a Diamond DB-3W drop-in?

Does anyone know which flashlight Samuel L. Jackson uses when he has one in his mouth in the new movie SNAKES ON A PLANE?
    FILA BRAZILIA

Quote Originally Posted by FILA BRAZILIA
    Does anyone know which flashlight Samuel L. Jackson uses when he has one in his mouth in the new movie SNAKES ON A PLANE?
    Looked like a Streamlight Scorpion to me.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast