Long live Wallace and Grommit

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
History of "Wallace and Gromit" destroyed in warehouse fire.

Bristol, Oct. 11. (AP): "Wallace and Gromit'' creator Aardman Animations said Monday that its "whole history'' had been destroyed by a fire that ravaged a warehouse full of props and sets...

I used to watch those videos and laugh at the great animals and expressions. Sad to see it all go. That was a lot of work.

If anyone would be a FA, it would be wallace (or grommit).

:candle: Long live Wallace and Grommit :candle:​

Google search

Last edited:

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
here here!

Just got back from spending the afternoon in a matinee showing of the curse of the were rabbit actually :D amazing work, just like the previous ones. My daughter and I went over the weekend, but my wife wanted to see it too so she got an afternoon off and we went.

It's a shame that the warehouse burned down, but hopefully that wont stop them from starting up the next project.

Last edited:

Makarov

Enlightened
Love Wallace and Gromit, "the wrong trousers" is my favorite, but I haven't gotten around to see the new one yet.

I actually heard a interview with one of the creators on the radio today(He's in Norway to promote the new film) and he told that he had the Wallace and Gromit puppets in his apartment when the warehouse caught fire. So even though they lost a lot of movie-sets and props, the main characters are still "alive" :)

Ledean

Enlightened
Bad luck about the fire.
They will be back. Sure am glad that the main Wallace and Gromit did not catch fire.