Blue Jeans.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I always wear a workshirt (right now tee as we are changing uniform companies) over blue jeans.

I tried a lot of different jeans, before settling on Wrangler Rugged Wear. The problem is that the regular fit rugged wear come in very light blue. Relaxed fit come in darker blue.

The relaxed fit get so they really drag me down by the end of the day. The crotch is way down below where I'd like it to be. Otherwise I like the number and location of belt loops etc.

Anyone have similar issues and any insite on this subject?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
so... are you bashing those of us for whom the "relaxed fit" jeans do fit more properly? :D I haven't reached the "loose fit" stage yet, but bits of me have definitely relaxed over the years. we did get a new jogging stroller the other day, and I plan to get some serious exercise with that this winter so maybe I can become less relaxed ;)

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just as long as they aren't sagging down your *** and cinched tight with a belt to keep them in place.

nethiker

Enlightened
Try this link, I think you can get the rugged wear in either stone wash or indigo. Not all stores carry all kinds. Now that i'm shrinking, I get my wranglers on-line so I can get 29's. Go figure, I've had 30" inseam since I can remember. Oh well, good luck on finding the pants you like. BTW, I have no idea about the retailer in the link I provided. You should search the best source when you find the poduct you like.

Greg

cobb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I too cant get a right fitting pair of jeans. Being tall, any jean that fits the crotch right, the legs are 6 inches too short. If you wear them around your thighs so the legs are long enough, your crotch is around your knees.

I use to be a levis person, but went to wrangler as they were cheaper and still didnt quite fit right.

I think someone here said a while back a custom made 100 dollar pair of designer jeans is the best solution. Now just got to get a job to afford them.

What I hate if my blue jeans give me blue legs when they are still a deep blue. When they start to fade, this goes a way.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I'm not meaning to bash. The problem as I see it is that the waist on a real genuine human being is NOT where it is on most pants!

From the lower natural waist under my spare Michelin I can easily get away with regular fit. It is the color selections that screw me up. I have a dirty job, and light blue jeans look horrid after a day on me.

It won't be so bad for the next few months as the heatwave seems to have broken.

But I WILL need some new jeans pretty soon. Anyone wear Wranglers and other brands I might like?

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Perhaps if there is a tailor in your area they might be able to adjust the jeans to your liking. Of course I admit this is going to increase the cost of the jeans, potentially by a lot. Having said that, the cost of a phone call to find out the price range is free, and might be worth giving it a try.

Best of luck and I hope I might have been able to help.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i never ever had a pair a jeans that fit .cause i bye em used. lol one pair is 36 inches in waist my wasit is 32 at the bigest it gets lol.but i found em for 1 buck per pair.and they looked new .i wonder how much a pair of goood new jeans are now?can ya get em for 20 on sale?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a few different kinds and yes there are wide variances. A relaxed in one brand may be tighter then the regular in another. Levis I found don't cheat that much, you need to order your real waist size, not the one under the spare tire. I like Gap jeans and a local store I don't think is national "Bobs Store" jeans amongst others. I haven't seen them in store for awhile unless I'm just missing them but I have a couple of pair of Costco "Kirkland" jeans which fit just fine.

One thing I always do is try on every single pair of jeans I wear. I have found wide variances even between a similar brand and size.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've taken a liking to Faded Glory relaxed fit jeans at Walmart. They fit me well, are cheaper than any other brand I've seen at Walmart. Something like $12-$13 per pair, and the only brand in the store still made in USA.

cratz2

Flashlight Enthusiast
I admit that I am a cheap bastido... I only own two pairs of jeans that I bought new, the rest were bought on eBay or at the Goodwill store. I have two favorite pairs and they are both too small... One pair is called 'His' and the patch on the rear right and the button on the front just say 'His'. They fit me perfectly though they are 36s and I am really a 38. And I usually buy either 38s or 40s to allow for IWB gun carry.

I also have one pair of, and I don't say this proudly, Calvin Kleins. I paid like $2.50 for them, and the label isn't exposed if I wear a sweater or other untucked shirt. They are also 36.

I guess that means my advice is... buy them one size too small...

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
The jeans I'm wearing right now are a fairly expensive pair from Eddy Bower. But they fit so much better than the levis that spend most of their time in the closet. I know they cost like $40, but I only buy 1 or 2 pairs a year, and they last 3 or 4 years so it's easy to keep a weeks worth of jeans in the closet without spending too much money all at one time. I am going to need a new pair or 2 this year as I dont think I bought any last winter at all, but this week I'm completely :broke:

And no, greenlight, they dont hang down, they actually fit my *** pretty good :D "relaxed" isn't the same as "loose"! Shall we all take pictures and post them? :crackup:

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was going to recommend Levi's Original Spin but it has been temporarily discontinued. To my knowledge those were custom jeans.

http://www.operand.com/portfolio/levis.php

From www.levis.com with a search of custom

Levi's® Original Spin®

Levi's® Original Spin® has been temporarily discontinued. Sign up now for the levi.com newsletter and get the latest news on the re-launch of Levi's® Original Spin

Another option is to find one with the correct waist and crotch fit, then get them a lot longer than usual and have them hemmed.

I have found jeans that fit my smaller waist (~29) at Old Navy and Levi's 567 and 569. I am not tall, so my inseam is a 30 or one a few pairs of my jeans I purchased 32 and had them hemmed so they sit where I want them on my sneakers.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I tried on several pairs of Lee Jeans... I found them to be varied a LOT in leg size and shape. All fit rather snug around my waist and rump, but the dark blue Regular Fit Boot Cut is what I ended up with.

The waist on these agrees with me as far as from under the Michelin to the crotch. I figure I'll stretch 'em a bit as I wear 'em. They seem to be made of nice heavy denim too.

I had a very nice pair of Eddie Bauer jeans but would NEVER wear those to work! I wore the front pocket edges fuzzy in several years of casual wear.

Thanks!

And keep the comments coming!

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Big_Ed said:
I've taken a liking to Faded Glory relaxed fit jeans at Walmart. They fit me well, are cheaper than any other brand I've seen at Walmart. Something like $12-$13 per pair, and the only brand in the store still made in USA.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting to try those out. Wal-Mart has some pretty nice looking clothing for really low prices.

My favorite pair of jean are "Express" brand. They're usually pretty expensive at the Express for Men store, but I got them for $17.99 at Ross. I like them because they feel loose on my legs and the material is soft.

Anybody remember the brand "Tough Skins?" They had reinforced knees. I used to wear them as a kid.

Screehopper

Enlightened
I can't stand wearing regular sized jeans. They're just too tight especially when one tries to sit down. I have to get loose or relaxed depending on brand. I prefer to wear cargo pants which are loose and very comfortable.

Here's for your point of reference. I'm not a big guy. 140#, 5'8". No spare tire.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Have you tried on the Carhartt's? They have several styles available and to me they are top-notch albeit expensive. Same witht he Skillerz.

There's also the ****ies brand that OSH and WalMart carries. They have the relaxed fitting ones as well as the other versions. Double knees and an extra pocket down the right-side leg for cellphone or in our case EDCing a flashlight. The ****ies are reasonably priced (well at least 'round here it's under $20.00) and seem to be better tailored than one would expect.