• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Matterhorn ROARS on Lithium AAA

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I picked up several on sale 4 packs of AAA Lithiums at Office Depot. $ 4.01 per pack. Great deal. Never used them before cause I wasn't about to pay retail ($ 9.99 per pack).

Popped one in my new Matterhorn Hi-Power AAA/3LED, and WOW, what a difference. My eyes say 100% brighter.

Also shouldn't have that "sag" after some run time.

Happiness is a bright, white light.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do the same thing,
My Matterhorn 3 Snow29 HO runs lithium AAA batteries and I won't go back. My wife was trying to find something in bed last night, I reached over to my keychain and fired up the Matterhorn, bounced the light off the ceiling and those lithium sipping triple LEDs lit up the bedroom with the right amount of light. My wife said "holy s#!@, that thing is bright"! It has been running the lithium for two months and still has a little life left in it.
You can take my Matterhorn when you pry it out of my hands with an Ocean AAA. My wife wants the Matterhorn so this will be an easy purchase.

onthebeam

Enlightened
So what's the Ocean AAA supposed to be all about?? Just one tiny AAA in there? I know it's on its way from Peak but nothing more. . .

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Ocean is going to be a ONE WATT lux, driven off of a single AAA.

I have no idea what current it will draw, or what battery life will be, but it looks like a major step forward.

Damn old fool that I am, I'll probably buy one.

driven

Newly Enlightened
JohnK said:
I picked up several on sale 4 packs of AAA Lithiums at Office Depot. $ 4.01 per pack. Great deal. Never used them before cause I wasn't about to pay retail ($ 9.99 per pack).

Were these on clearance or sale? I an going out to office depot later and just wondering if I might end up being so lucky.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The batteries were clearly marked $ 9.99 per four pack. I had the clerk price check them, and it was $ 4.01 per pack.

Someone else said they were on sale till the end of the month.

NoShadow

Enlightened
Nice price for lithium batteries! Will look into that here. Thanks for sharing....

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
That PEAK Ocean AA 1 watt sounds great! If it has a clip like the ARC that would make it a rival to my beloved ARC AAA prem!! It sounds like it will smoke my soon to arrive FENIX 1L P!!! Bring on the "Ocean AA"!!! ASAP!:sold:

DallasA

Enlightened
BentHeadTX said:
The Ocean is an AAA tsask,
Hopefully it will come out soon just in time for Christmas

I am hoping so myself, we will be cutting it close. I will post addtional info in a post later today

MJ

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the news MJ,
I lost my keychain and with it the Matterhorn 3 Snow29 HO. Made a new keychain and added my old original Matterhorn 3 Snow HO and pressed on. With the Ocean AAA, I have a good exus.... errrr... REASON to get one now. My wife has wondered if I wanted a new Snow29 for Christmas and I am leaning towards the Ocean AAA.
Will the upcoming momentary tail switch be incorporated into the Ocean?

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the tip. I just dropped a lithium AAA into my Matterhorn 3 LED Ultra bright. I see what you mean.
Sen_Smilewide.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
Interesting. I have a lithium in mine but have tried nimh (1.2v) and really don't notice any difference. This is the older 3led ultra power version.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
SLOOOWR6, those are good photos.

I was surprised to see such a large difference. A GOOD difference.

I really love this light.

DallasA

Enlightened
paulr said:
Interesting. I have a lithium in mine but have tried nimh (1.2v) and really don't notice any difference. This is the older 3led ultra power version.

Ok I jsut tryied it both my old one and my new one. Did not notice anything in the older one but a little bit with the New Snow29. Both 3 LED AAA

MJ

83Venture

Enlightened
My $10.00 raffle discount coupon was about to expire so I ordered a brass keychain Matterhorn 3 LED Snow Hi Power, a pushbutton tailcap, extra HA lug & pocket bodies. It all came to under $50 shipped. Ordered on the 30th and received on the 2nd.

This is the first brass light I have purchased and it looks very classy. I compared the beam to the ARC AAA I have carried the past few years and can see why everyone gets spoiled by the nice white beam. It is quite similar to my TNC Proto N cell light. :goodjob:

All this for less than the price of one ARC makes it an excellent value. Very quick shipping. Sometime after the first of the year will have to order another head for the lug body and replace the ARC on my Micra keychain with it. May just have to add in one of the AAA 1 watts that should be available then along with a clip. :whistle:

BentHeadTX has given them excellent reviews from the sandbox. If they work in a war zone they should meet my needs.

Very nice light, thanks PEAK.

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was sitting with a table of fellow duck hunters the other night. They were talking about small lights for the blinds. Most of the talk centered around the Mini Mags/etc. One of them took one out and lit it up (dark in the restaurant).

It was like a scene from the movie with Paul Hogan (Crocodile Dundee) where he said to the mugger: THIS is a knife !

I whipped out my Hi- Power/3LED Snow,Lithium battery and all, and said, NO, THIS is a light.

They all got the web address of Peak.

LOVED it. Love my Peak !

I guess this is allowed here. Then I whipped out my Fenix L1P, and said, but this is a REALLY BIG little light.

Can't wait for the AAA Lux from Peak.

Last edited: