• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Z57/52 guts in a Aleph tail?

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can transplant my Z57's innards into a Aleph trim tailcap with no modification, and the same is true of my Z52.

True or False?

Kiessling

Flashaholic
False. :D
The Z57 innards *canÜ be transplanted, but this is a PITA and the components will most likely not be secure in the assambly. There were multiple attempts at this, and the one I had (made by Don) worked ok, but the innards fell out upon cap removal.
As for the Z52 innards ... I don't know. Why would you do this as the Aleph tailcaps are basically the same funtionality except for the addition of a second level?
bernie

pyro

Enlightened
I have a z57 in a McGizmo cap that works perfectly and doesn't fall out.

But even if it isn't secured inside the tailcap it cannot fall out because the tailcap stays on the body all the time.

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I guess the consensus thus far is....maybe?:)
Kiessling said:
As for the Z52 innards ... I don't know. Why would you do this as the Aleph tailcaps are basically the same funtionality except for the addition of a second level?
bernie
'Cause I have an old Z52(and a spare Z57), and don't care to pay a premium for a two-stage switch on a light that I only want one level on, but I'd like to use an Aleph tail so I can put a lanyard on it...
What I don't have is a spare Aleph tailcap body, but I suppose I can remove the switch from the one I do have, and try it before buying another.
Just trying to minimize my effort, and opportunities for creating disaster;)
Thanks for the replies.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Hey Owen ... you can just use a shortened resistor board in a McE2S module and you will basically end up with a Z52-like tailcap. I have one such 1-stage Aleph cap and it works flawlessly.

As for the clicky ... hm ... maybe I stand corrected then :D :D

But there's always the E2D tailcap clicky for the easy solution with plenty lanyard holes ...

bernie

vacuum3d

Enlightened
Z52 gut would work just fine in the Aleph tails. I have two working that way. No mod needed, but a little PITA to get the gut out of the Z52 tailcap.

ernest