• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak pushbutton tailcap?

jburgett

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone heard of when a tailcap switch will be available?
I'd love to modify my Caribbean and McKinley for easier momentary use.

Thanks!

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
jburgett...I don't know the answer to your question, but like you, I'm "patiently" waiting as well! My SS Mediterranean will be "da bomb" with a tail switch!

PJD

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in for at least two of them when available. My Med and UV lights would work well with that option. The UV Kilamanjaro is used for only seconds at a time so the momentary tail would be the perfect addition.

DallasA

Enlightened
Look to have it completed soon. I will check status and give you an idea when by the AM.

Have an Awesome Day

MJ

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks MJ,
More stuff to spend money on! That is OK though, more orders are heading your way to be shipped to Turkey... the folks here are duplicating my "things to take the land of mortars" suggestions. Hope you don't run out of red, snow and UV LEDs anytime soon!

DallasA

Enlightened
lebox97 said:
Hi MJ
any news on the new clip and the new switch?

eagerly await :)

I should have the clip in my hands on Monday so look for them around the end of next week.

The final production parts for the switch will be ready by sometime the first of next week. Give me until Friday to get everything finished and put on the website.

Addtional information that has been asked. This switch will work with all second addtion bodies. Meaning the bodies that have the removable negative contact.

Looking forward to what you guys think

MJ

jburgett

Newly Enlightened
DallasA,

Any update to the predicted release date for the pushbutton tailcaps?

Thanks!

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Concerning the momentary tailcap,
Is the momentary switch spring loaded? My reasoning is when used as a twistie, it will protect rechargable batteries from being dented. If so, my EDC will be back to twistie/pushbutton and the Kroll will go away. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Last edited:

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
MJ...any update on the pocket clips and tail switches? Thanx!

PJD

onthebeam

Enlightened
So, what's the word on the tailcap? I thought its release was imminent as of about a month ago.

jburgett

Newly Enlightened
The bump is just meant to have the thread show as "recently updated" so that it may appear on the radar screen for MJ to respond.

(without being a pest!)

DallasA

Enlightened
PJD said:
...you don't know MJ very well...

PJD

LOL...Man I need to realy change my way LOL....

Any way good news. The Switch is ready. YA! I Know I know go a head and say it about time!

Here is a link it is on the bottom right of the page. http://www.peakledsolutions.net/acc.html

There is a couple things I need to point out. This will only work with the bodies that have the removable negative contact screw, also on older models of the SS tail cap this with not work at this time. We need to modify a part to work with the SS Tail Caps older models.

The SS AA 7 LED picture was shot with it. I have been using mine on my new Titanium Mach 7/ Aurora and I love it except for one thing, I were tight jeans alot and if I dont properly have the head screwed right it turns on in my pocket.

As for the Pocket Clips the samples finally came in. Should be placeing the order for them next week so give about 2-3 weeks before we get them up.

I think that covers it for now.

Have a Great T-Day Guys!

MJ