Ascent Fair

Thread: 2-stage Q-III

Default 2-stage Q-III

May I know is it possible to change the original ON/OFF switch in Q-III to a 2-stage switch (something like switch between 200mA & 700mA)? where can I find this generic 2-stage switch?
    Thanks!

Default Re: 2-stage Q-III

Yes, it is. The person who did mine is Goldserve in Toronto. I think he has moved on to his FluPic project for the JIL lights but he might be able to give some good advice. Litemania has worked on these, too. And if you search here, you should be able to find others to give you good advice on switches, etc. The Sandwich Shoppe is a popular choice for all things moddable.
    Orb Raw NS (UWOJ), VB-16 (Fourth Edition SSC), Fenix L1T 2.0 Rebel, MTE C2 70601, Liteflux LF2 (SSC P4), Fenix L0P-SE (SSC mod), Amilite Neo T5, Peak Caribbean (Seoul), Jetbeam CL-E 1.2, Fenix L2P (Nekomane CR2 mod), JIL CR2 1.3 (Up), Sam's Element, Streamlight ProPolymer Luxeon AA.

Flashaholic*

I am out of the switches I use for two stage but 4sevens might have one or two left. You can contact him to see if he has any left. Cheers!

milkyspit modded my Q3, including a low/high switch.

The switch is low-off-high-off.

Would these switchs work in the Nuwai TM-301X-3 ?
    Man, I dislike the low / high setup on these lights.

Dennis

Digikey has one that will fit. It's part number 529PB-ND. The catalog states that this switch is rated for 300 milliamps. I tested this switch to 1.5 amps for 24 hours and it passed without even getting slightly warm. I run about 1.25 amps through it on high in my direct drive Q3 with a rechargeable battery and after about 300 on(high)-off-on(low)-off cycles it's showing no signs of trouble. So far-so good. Time will tell.

If you end up using this particular switch you should proceed with caution due to it's rated current specs.

Thanks I think I just may check this one out.

Dennis

Flashaholic

any idea if i can make my own?
    Phew!

Milkyspit did a great how-to write up regarding the Q3 switch replacement.
    milkyspit's write up