2-stage Q-III

DIYLite

Newly Enlightened
May I know is it possible to change the original ON/OFF switch in Q-III to a 2-stage switch (something like switch between 200mA & 700mA)? where can I find this generic 2-stage switch?
Thanks!

onthebeam

Enlightened
Yes, it is. The person who did mine is Goldserve in Toronto. I think he has moved on to his FluPic project for the JIL lights but he might be able to give some good advice. Litemania has worked on these, too. And if you search here, you should be able to find others to give you good advice on switches, etc. The Sandwich Shoppe is a popular choice for all things moddable.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am out of the switches I use for two stage but 4sevens might have one or two left. You can contact him to see if he has any left. Cheers!

tmf2

Newly Enlightened
Would these switchs work in the Nuwai TM-301X-3 ?
Man, I dislike the low / high setup on these lights.

Dennis

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
Digikey has one that will fit. It's part number 529PB-ND. The catalog states that this switch is rated for 300 milliamps. I tested this switch to 1.5 amps for 24 hours and it passed without even getting slightly warm. I run about 1.25 amps through it on high in my direct drive Q3 with a rechargeable battery and after about 300 on(high)-off-on(low)-off cycles it's showing no signs of trouble. So far-so good. Time will tell.

If you end up using this particular switch you should proceed with caution due to it's rated current specs.

tmf2

Newly Enlightened
Thanks I think I just may check this one out.

Dennis :thanks: