• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired For Sale : VIP & accessories

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I am selling a Mr Bulk VIP and a number of accessories. This is Mr Bulk's first custom-machined, multi-level flashlight. There were only about 300 of these wonders made. Save for the driver circuit board, this light is "sterile" with no other identifying markings.

This light is in good condition. It was my EDC for nearly a year, where it saw moderate use. I ran about 6 123As through this flashlight and approximately a dozen sets of NiMH cells with the AA body. There are not too many hours of runtime on this unit, and it was always carried on my person in its belt pouch or carried in a backpack.

Photos

Full package : $210
  • VIP (standard head w/17mm reflector & Fraen LP optic, 123A body, "King's Crown" clicky tailcap), pocket clip, belt holster
  • BulkHead (with spare UCL lens)
  • 2xAA body (with endcaps)
  • Twisty tailcap (with foam donuts)

Partial packages
  • VIP (standard head w/17mm reflector & Fraen LP optic, 123A body, "King's Crown" clicky tailcap), pocket clip, belt holster, BulkHead (with spare UCL lens) : $160
  • 2xAA body (with endcaps), Twisty tailcap (with foam donuts) : $55

Component prices
  • VIP (standard head w/17mm reflector & Fraen LP optic, 123A body, "King's Crown" clicky tailcap), pocket clip, belt holster : $120
    [*]BulkHead (with spare UCL lens) : $30
    [*]2xAA body (with endcaps) : $30
    [*]Twisty tailcap (with foam donuts) : $30

Items in gray are no longer available.

All options include shipping via USPS Priority mail with tracking within the United States. International shipping or other means of shipment can be arranged at buyer's cost. I'd prefer cash paypal, but I can take cashier's checks, money orders, or any other form of payment that can be mutually agreed-upon.

Please contact me by e-mail for inquiries or to make an offer.

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS : VIP & accessories

I think the VIP is an excellent performer. Three levels adjustable. That AA tube is great. Really one of the nicest looking lights there are. I'm a big fan of fins. This light sinks heat to the barrel which, IMHO, is tops for thermal pathing. The King's Crown clicky makes a useful defensive strike tool. The black HA III on these is rich. This is a very fine light.

Good luck on this sale, idle. Whoever gets it should be very pleased.

--------------------

- Jeff

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

BUMP
If I did not already have 4 VIPs I would be all over this. As far as I am concerned the VIP is/was the best supported semi custom flashlight ever made. The accessories that were available for this are amazing. From the 2XAA body to the BBH reflector. The VIP is a great system flashlight. I have it on good authority that Charlie still supports these lights if one has a problem. The VIP is a terrific flashlight. When I pull mine out with all the different parts out I have the best time putting together different forms of the VIP. The only thing I am missing are a couple of anodized flat tail caps. Mine are bare. I still have a great time. If you are on the fence about getting this light just read the reviews of it. I will never part with mine. I even built one all from spare parts. The Light engine was tough to get but I managed, So one of my VIPs is built completely of after market parts except for the Light engine.
The VIP is like a Rolls Royce. They work best if you use them and get better with age.
Yaesumofo

idleprocess

Flashaholic

Roughly 300 - I seem to recall that there was some unspecified quantity made after the main sale, but there weren't too many of those.

Justintoxicated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS : VIP & accessories - $230

I'd buy it but I have a very similar one (everything but the twistie,and it's sitting on my desk right now :) )

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS : VIP & accessories - $230

BuMp

One of my favorite flashlights of all time!! At $230 for the package nice deal.
I have several of these complete flashlights otherwise i would hop on thins.
Any of you guys looking for a real collectors peice this is it. There were oonly so many of these made. a couple hundred. What was/is so cool about them is the fack that there were so many aftermarket sccessories made available for this light. everything from pocket clips to 3 " reflectors AA bodies different tails It was amazing the sheer volume of stuff that became available. Some of us waited almost a year fir the BBH reflector.
This package gets you well on your way to having the complete set.
Don't wait.
Yaesumofo