• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak in Detroit?

WalterH

Newly Enlightened
Hi there!

Just a quick question - where can i buy a Caribbean in Detroit?

A friend of mine currently visits Detroit and will stay there until 11/6. In USA i can get a Caribbean for $100, whereas here in Germany it's roughly $140. However, i think it too unsafe to buy online and ship to his hotel address. If i buy online directly from Peak and have it shipped to Germany, it'll be around $140 too, with all the shipping costs, taxes and customs...

Fortunately, he offered me to buy one and carry it back home. Therefore i need a retail store in Detroit, where he can get it for $100.

Thanks in advance.

-Walter

Last edited:

lebox97

Enlightened
peak ships (in the US) via priority mail - which is 2-3 days... and don't know why shipping it to the hotel address would be a problem.

you or he should call peak directly and arrange a shipment rightaway! - letting them know it is going to him c/o (in care of) the hotel ... and then he should then let the hotel know he is expecting a small package...

could also have peak send it overnight via fedex etc to him too - might be worth the extra few dollars to make sure he gets it before he leaves.

DallasA

Enlightened
WalterH said:
Hi there!

Just a quick question - where can i buy a Caribbean in Detroit?

A friend of mine currently visits Detroit and will stay there until 11/6. In USA i can get a Caribbean for $100, whereas here in Germany it's roughly $140. However, i think it too unsafe to buy online and ship to his hotel address. If i buy online directly from Peak and have it shipped to Germany, it'll be around $140 too, with all the shipping costs, taxes and customs...

Fortunately, he offered me to buy one and carry it back home. Therefore i need a retail store in Detroit, where he can get it for $100.

Thanks in advance.

-Walter

We can ship to your friends hotel or place he is staying. Under Comments of the order page just let us know his information and we will make sure it gets to him in time.

Have a Great weekend!

MJ

WalterH

Newly Enlightened
DallasA said:
We can ship to your friends hotel or place he is staying. Under Comments of the order page just let us know his information and we will make sure it gets to him in time.
Thanks for the information.

The thing is: My friend has to switch hotels during his stay. He'll be at the same place from 10/31 to 11/5. If you can deliver within this window, all is fine. If not, $100 are basically burned until (if!) the hotel sends the light back to you and you transfer the money back to me. All very awkward and cumbersome. That's what i meant with "unsafe".

I think i'll give it a try nonetheless. :)

:thanks:

-Walter

DallasA

Enlightened
WalterH said:
Thanks for the information.

The thing is: My friend has to switch hotels during his stay. He'll be at the same place from 10/31 to 11/5. If you can deliver within this window, all is fine. If not, $100 are basically burned until (if!) the hotel sends the light back to you and you transfer the money back to me. All very awkward and cumbersome. That's what i meant with "unsafe".

I think i'll give it a try nonetheless. :)

:thanks:

-Walter

Walter,

I have informed our guys of the above and the time it needs to be there by as soon as they recive it, it will be on its way.

Have an Awesome weekend!

MJ

WalterH

Newly Enlightened
DallasA said:
I have informed our guys of the above and the time it needs to be there by as soon as they recive it, it will be on its way.
Big kudos to Peak! :wave:

My friend just informed me that my Caribbean arrived yesterday. Great job, Peak! Now he's busy draining the battery... ;)

DallasA said:
Have an Awesome weekend!
Without the flashlight? I doubt it! ;)

Regards

-Walter