Anybody uses a Surefire M3 Combatlight

George1

Newly Enlightened
Hi Safety1st and welcome to CPF,

Yes, I just recently got a SureFire M3T. It is great light! Not for EDC but great throw and nice balance. Enjoy your light and CPF

George1

CLHC

Flashaholic
In my opinion, this is indeed among one of the finest illuminating tools around. No regrets buying this one!

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The M3 with high output bulb and beam shaper/diffuser is the brightest of the lights I carry every day (in a bag). The 9-volt line of lights is in my opinion, where SureFire really "shines."

Safety1st

Enlightened
Thanks for the quick replies guys...

I didn't realise it before last night...but i'm now a torch/flashlight enthusiast....:rock:

I've always been impressed by small/powerful flashlights...and suppose it all started with the Solitaire Maglite...

I'm in law-enforcement and the vehicles have the standard 3 D cell Maglites and we have personal issue 2AA mini-maglites.

However, I soon realised these weren't up to the job and I bought one of the 21LED mini torches from Japan. That didn't float my boat, hence a purchase of a Surefire 6P

Now I started to realise that you have to pay to get a decent flashlight....

I then bought another 6P for my private car.

Then I found out about the RAW ORB. I HAD to have something so small and powerful..so that was purchased...and boy is it good.

So at present time, it's 2 x 6P, 1 x M3 and 1 x Raw Orb.

I'm not looking at HDS EDC Ultimate 60 XR Luxeon LED as a carry everyday flashlight..

Anybody give me some idea about them..

Cheers

S1:thanks:

Last edited:

Kris

Newly Enlightened
Congratulations on the purchase of your M3. I use them every night and think it is the finest flashlight you can buy.

Vee3

Enlightened
I'm wondering what (If any) advantage the grip ring on the SF combat lights offers if you're not one who uses the Rogers/SureFire technique? I don't care for that style of hold myself, so it doesn't seem to me that one would want the rubber ring if they weren't going to use it (?)

Just curious....

dougmccoy

Enlightened
It doesn't offer any advantage if you dont use the Rogers/Surefire technique. However, as this light was designed with combat in mind and as the switch is on the end it is difficult to see why you would find it awkward? Those of us who own any of the Millenium series of lights and who are not in a combat situations/role usually accept that the grip ring is used by those who are and ignore it as it doen't hinder alternative ways of using it/them.

Doug

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I've inquired about this and received a negative response, but there isn't any kind of rechargable solution for an M3, is there?

Edited: found this:

"The M3 LOLA can be used with a couple Pila 150S or the protected 17500 AW is offering for near stock runtime with almost constant brightness. The HOLA might work but it won't run for long and therefore not be very useful.
The M4 LAs don't have a proven rechargeable solution that I know of but you can use M3t LOLA and HOLA with Pila 168s or 17670 from AW in there."

best regards

Last edited: