SYSMAX Ind./Clike to find more about Nitecore flashlights!
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: SPY005 Sign Up List

Default Re: SPY005 Sign Up List

I am planning to add the two small tritium slots to the body as shown in this picture. I will NOT be supplying tritium vials and I expect most people will leave the small obscure slots empty. I have modeled these slots and they look nice even empty but they are so small (1/16") they usually go unnoticed. If this bums you out and you really do not want the slots please let me know and I will delete them from your light.

The lights are going to be serial numbered. Your number will be a function of when you signed up on the list and how many lights you ordered. I am not going to be saving any serial numbers or any of that nonsense. Cones gets serial number 001 and TrueBlue gets 002 etc. The serial number will be engraved in the bottom of the light in the flat of the lanyard cutout. This will be done during the machining process and not with the laser.

I am considering machining the logos in the battery cap in place of having them laser engraved. Machining makes the logo 3D in nature and it really looks cool. I will do some machining tests in the near future and report back. Stay tuned.

Cheers
    Dave

Dave,
    The new profile on head and knob are outstanding!! I am indiferent to color so please use me as an equalizer if needed or in last minute substitution should it be required. I will go with the HA-Nat on one and black on the other if you don't want a blank there but feel free to change my selection if you need to or want.
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

Yikes! I'm in.
    One in black, no logo, Atlanta, Georgia
    tritium slots please.
    Last edited by 4sevens; 12-17-2005 at 01:01 AM.

the tritium slots are awesome addition and amazing cust. service to offer not including them! (ps.. i want mine). I have to go double-check i'm on the list being the cutoff date.

-awr

Regulated hotwire 'the hotdriver' also for Surefire M6 • 3-level high-power LED drop-in for mag. the 'BAM!' click here
    I have disabled PMs.. use the 'email' link instead!Genesis 1:3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light...

Dave,
    You slipped in your post while I was looking for the right keys to type. The H3 vial slots are cool! Now to add a peanut gallery comment; could you also put in a shorter 1/16" cut from the side and below the the edge which would intersect the slot from the top? This would give a side window in addition to the top port for the H3 and might even serve as an additional micro lanyard loop?!?!

The additional window would be real cool and allow you to see the H3 from the side view of the light. I had a friend mill a Ti bezel for me for H3 and I had him punch through the back side but the rear window was notlarge enough for the vial to pass through. Once glued in, the vial is secure and protected as it would be in the SPY005.

Regardless, the SPY005 just keeps getting better and more refined!
    Build Prices .... some mods and builds (not 4 sale) "Nature can be cruel- but we don't have to be."~ Temple Grandin

I can't find me in the sign-up i'd like black with logo 03.. not a second one in case i'm already on the list, just one

i just now saw that data mentioned me being on the list but w/o color selection (black) and add logo 3.. that should look really nice on the wide aspect ratio bottom.

re: tritium vial since i'm a visual type.. my suggestion:

this way you can see the tritium if the light is tail-standing on a dresser and you are in bed, etc, the curves would match the shape of the light.. you could even NOT have the depression and it would just be a little stair-step.

-awr
    Last edited by andrewwynn; 12-17-2005 at 04:30 AM.

Regulated hotwire 'the hotdriver' also for Surefire M6 • 3-level high-power LED drop-in for mag. the 'BAM!' click here
    I have disabled PMs.. use the 'email' link instead!Genesis 1:3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light...

I can't find the list!! Yikes! I want a Natural, no logo.

Karlthev

Flashaholic

Thanks for having those slots for the tritium vials. I definitely want them! The Spy is getting better and better. Thanks for hearing us out Dave
    LED: Gladius; Orb Raw (UWOJ); Brass LionCub (TXOJ); Elektrolumens ELX6; Classic Chameleon; McLux Ti PD
    Incan: SF 6P; Mags
    Hybrid: SF A2

Dave,

I have thought about the colors and I would like to have one in black and one in HA nat (normally I prefer black, but the HA nat in your pictures looks great).

Thanks!

Peter

Maybe you should delay this project a few more weeks ... as it gets better and better each day ...
    bernie
    There is a type of perfection that transcends the quest for lumens. Buying a $250 1-cell light for "lum factor" is like buying a $250 single malt Scotch for the alcohol content.
    - paulr

It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
    My shoes are too tight. But it doesn't matter, because I have forgotten how to dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiessling
    Maybe you should delay this project a few more weeks ... as it gets better and better each day ...
    bernie
    No SPY005 for you!

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by fasteddie
    I'll take one in black, no logo pls...
    Just to recap, one in black, no logo, with tritium slots. Its looking great.
    ::I don't always carry a flashlight, but when I do, I prefer Tri-V. Stay illuminated my friends::

If your name is on this list, you are signed up! Do not get nervous, I will not forget anybody. I will get around to posting the list of names and serial numbers soon.

Don

You and I think alike. I saw that when looking at your calender pictures. BTW, that is one beautiful light! However, I will not do it. There are three reasons; First, the tritium slot will likely go unfilled by most people so I do not want that "hole" in the side of the light. I have promised it will be obscure and not change the look of the light. Two, if put in, it would be fragile and subject to damage if the tritium was not epoxy-ed in place. The space on the face of the light is tight and forces the slot to be very close to the edge forcing a very thin piece of material at the aluminum bridge. Third, and this is in response to awr too, I have ray traced this model and studied the chrome head and knob placement relative to the tritium with a mock up. And the great news is, you will see the tritium shining from many angles including from the sides. In fact the new knob design acts like a reflector-lens that sends the tritium light shining all over the place. In several views it looks like there are a dozen tritium lights.

Cheers
    Dave

Enlightened

Just in time!?
    Dave - I'd like one in flat black no logo.
    Best, Jorge

Flashaholic

Dave can't wait! A lot of thought went into this light it just might replace them all and be the best custom EDC out there! Doc.

I just stumbled across the thread and hope I'm not too late.

Please put me down for:

1 x HAIII Black with Logo #1.

RJM
    Solid State Rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Data
    Yes, it fits that holster so well it may as well have been made just for the SPY. I tested it myself at PF5. MSaxatilus sent me the links below.

Here's the information on it: http://www.ripoffs.com/datasheets/co37/co37.html

And if you would like to buy one, these guys have them: http://www.holsterdepot.com/

Cheers
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by B@rt
    Apparently the Spy fits the Ripoffs CO-37 holster pretty well.

CO-37
    I called up filmtools.com and they only had three in stock. I ordered
    and paid for 20 so whoever would like a Ripoff CO-37 I'm putting them up
    here: THREAD
    Last edited by 4sevens; 12-17-2005 at 11:31 PM.

rmacias, no problem. Nothing really happens until later next week when the bodies that are to be finished get sent off.

4sevens, That is very nice of you to grab some for us. Thanks. I do not know why we only get to see the backside of the thing. It really does look nice on its front side. I wonder if someone has a good picture of it.

The CO-37 is nice for holding any single cell light too.

Cheers
    Dave

Wink Re: SPY005 Sign Up List

BART

I'd like slots on mine please.

I have these dime size disks with a tiny tritium vial that would probably be perfect...if I can get them out in one piece.

Flashaholic*

I'm well after the cutoff date. But I worked the weekend and made enough $ to buy one of these. Any extras or cancellations?

Black, Logo 1, But beggers can't be chosers.

-Cave Dave
    Light is the activity of what is transparent - Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by cave dave
    I'm well after the cutoff date. But I worked the weekend and made enough $ to buy one of these. Any extras or cancellations?

Black, Logo 1, But beggers can't be chosers.

-Cave Dave
    Cave Dave, I added you to the list.

Cheers
    Dave

looking good data

Cool Daddy Administrator

Hey, the video needs a better sound-track. Nice manicure though, Dave.

The H3 slots are da bomb, and the reflective surface situation is super. I can imagine that'll work very well. The only other thing I'd add (and this won't be a surprise!) - break that edge by the slots! A fine radius would be my first request, but just breaking it a bit will make me happy too.

Carry on... I need to figure out why I wasn't getting notified about posts in this thread.
    - Darell, the EVnut
    Email me: darelldd -at- gmail - I don't do PM.
    Beer is finally cheaper than gas. Drink, don't drive.

Flashaholic*

Thumbs up Re: SPY005 Sign Up List

Quote Originally Posted by Data
    Cave Dave, I added you to the list.
    SWEEEET!

I'm surprised no one else mentioned this, but since 6 levels is probably more than we need and now that the 1st two levels are setable. You could set the first for a very low current so that the Die just starts to glow. This would allow you a "find it in the dark mode" and eliminate the need for H3 vials. I would expect 1mA to run for 2000 hrs or so.

But, where would I get H3 vials if I wanted to put them in anyway?
    Light is the activity of what is transparent - Aristotle

funny.. i wrote the same exact thing about an ultra-low setting but my post never made it online for whatever reason and when i re-typed i forgot to include that, glad you brought it up.

1mA on 2xR123 would be about 1400hrs w/o convereter losses.. but even 1000 hrs means it's a totall moot point.

GregW i think is the main cpf source of H3 vials.. i've bought some on eBay else just keept track on BST they come up now and again.. you'd need some pretty tiny ones, i hope i have some small enough to fit in my collection already. thinking of putting blue/red so i can see the orientation in the dark.

semi-moot point if i utilize the uber-low mentioned.. i would probably set it to 2 or 3 mA which is a nice visible glow, it would be 40x as bright at tritium.

-awr

Quote Originally Posted by Darell
    Carry on... I need to figure out why I wasn't getting notified about posts in this thread.
    the email notifications stopped after the last major server change.. no emails from cpf.com ever since that time.

Cool Daddy Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by andrewwynn
    the email notifications stopped after the last major server change.. no emails from cpf.com ever since that time.
    Seriously? Everybody has this problem? Where I have been? Blissfully unaware, apparently. Thanks for the info, AWR.

And back on topic -

You guys are all excited about the LOW setting (and I am too), but I'm even more excited about setting the *high* to be something useful. Like 500mA.

Here, Dave. Let me get that for you:
    Last edited by Darell; 12-20-2005 at 08:01 PM.
    - Darell, the EVnut
    Email me: darelldd -at- gmail - I don't do PM.
    Beer is finally cheaper than gas. Drink, don't drive.

Originally Posted by andrewwynn
    Quote Originally Posted by Darell
    Seriously? Everybody has this problem? Where I have been? Blissfully unaware, apparently. Thanks for the info, AWR....
    Darell,

User CP - Control Panel - Suscribed Threads - List Subscriptions - scroll down to Selected Threads - Email notification options include: None, Instant, Daily and Weekly.

Brightnorm