Legend 2AA tailswitch modifications

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tail switch on my legend has expired. The internal plastic bits have broken off after many thousands of clicks. I have modded it to use the opalec newbeam. I have cobbed a tailswitch off a spare body but I am curious if it is easy to dissect the unit. So far the brass hex thing does not budge, my suspicion is that it is pressed in (?) and not screwed in.

Can I rethread the tube to take the mag tailswitches? Is there enough meat there or will I cross thread the whole thing to a pile of nothing? Does the tailswitch come apart so I can add a clickie of sorts? or does someone make a better clickie?

I like the legend body with the rubber grip as it stays in the holster better. I have lost too many mags and one with an LED replacement because it has slipped out of the pouch.

Illuminated

Enlightened
Yes, brass hex is a left-hand thread (turn CW to loosen). Not much I could do with the broken internals on mine.

I found that I could use a Kroll on the Legend 2AA simply by removing the first couple of threads from the switch body (nearest the battery spring). You can do this with a small file, Dremel, lathe, etc. Just proceed slowly and test fit frequently. I now only use Kroll switches on both my Lambda HD Pro lights (Legend 2AA mods).

The thread pitch between the two is fairly close as you can get the Kroll to start threading for the first few threads, and then it begins to get tight. Doing this first should give you an idea of how many threads to remove if you look at the remaining gap between the light and the Kroll's rubber boot.

Hope this helps - John

rdshores

Enlightened
The aluminum kroll from the Streamlight Luxeon Jr fits the Legend 2AA without modification. Part #715007 available HERE.