Banggood Network

Thread: G2 + AN14 what battery options?

Flashaholic

Default G2 + AN14 what battery options?

title says it all.
    If I add an AN14 to my G2 What battery options do I have other then the sf Rechargeable kit. I was hoping to get 2 pila 168s or 2 150s. Is this possible? if not what other rechargeables can I use.
    What we have here is a failure to illuminate.

Flashaholic

Default Re: G2 + AN14 what battery options?

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue_monkey
    title says it all.
    If I add an AN14 to my G2 What battery options do I have other then the sf Rechargeable kit. I was hoping to get 2 pila 168s or 2 150s. Is this possible? if not what other rechargeables can I use.
    I also came across the AN14 body extender for the G2. I'm not familiar with the batteries you mentioned, but it would appear that all you have to do is add a third 123 battery, but the website does suggest a rechargeable battery pack. Would the extra juice burn out the stock P60 bulb ?

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by pathalogical
    I also came across the AN14 body extender for the G2. I'm not familiar with the batteries you mentioned, but it would appear that all you have to do is add a third 123 battery, but the website does suggest a rechargeable battery pack. Would the extra juice burn out the stock P60 bulb ?

3 cr123 would kill a p60. the surefire battery pack would not.
    2 pila 150 or 2 168 would also kill a p60. you would need a p90 for this set up
    which is what i want to do.
    What we have here is a failure to illuminate.

The AN14 is 1.5 cells long. Add it to a 2-cell body, and you have a 3.5-cell body that fits nothing.

Instead, you need a 1-cell extender--does Surefire make an AN19? That would let you run two 17500 cells and a P90.
    My lights, all AA, neutral or warm: 3 Fenix TK20s; 2 Malkoff M30WFs; 2 Shiningbeam Romisens (5A); Dereelight XP-G R5 (close enough); UK 4AA incan.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_in_Maryland
    The AN14 is 1.5 cells long. Add it to a 2-cell body, and you have a 3.5-cell body that fits nothing.

Instead, you need a 1-cell extender--does Surefire make an AN19? That would let you run two 17500 cells and a P90.
    I get it now. By looking at the picture of the adapter, it's hard to tell what size it is. However, since SF provides their own batteries with the light, it would make sense that you simply add a third 123 with the appropriate bulb that can handle the extra power. Thanks for the clarification on the size of the extender.