G2 + AN14 what battery options?

Rogue_monkey

Enlightened
title says it all.
If I add an AN14 to my G2 What battery options do I have other then the sf Rechargeable kit. I was hoping to get 2 pila 168s or 2 150s. Is this possible? if not what other rechargeables can I use.

pathalogical

Enlightened
Rogue_monkey said:
title says it all.
If I add an AN14 to my G2 What battery options do I have other then the sf Rechargeable kit. I was hoping to get 2 pila 168s or 2 150s. Is this possible? if not what other rechargeables can I use.

I also came across the AN14 body extender for the G2. I'm not familiar with the batteries you mentioned, but it would appear that all you have to do is add a third 123 battery, but the website does suggest a rechargeable battery pack. Would the extra juice burn out the stock P60 bulb ?

Rogue_monkey

Enlightened
pathalogical said:
I also came across the AN14 body extender for the G2. I'm not familiar with the batteries you mentioned, but it would appear that all you have to do is add a third 123 battery, but the website does suggest a rechargeable battery pack. Would the extra juice burn out the stock P60 bulb ?

3 cr123 would kill a p60. the surefire battery pack would not.
2 pila 150 or 2 168 would also kill a p60. you would need a p90 for this set up
which is what i want to do.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
The AN14 is 1.5 cells long. Add it to a 2-cell body, and you have a 3.5-cell body that fits nothing.

Instead, you need a 1-cell extender--does Surefire make an AN19? That would let you run two 17500 cells and a P90.

pathalogical

Enlightened
Paul_in_Maryland said:
The AN14 is 1.5 cells long. Add it to a 2-cell body, and you have a 3.5-cell body that fits nothing.

Instead, you need a 1-cell extender--does Surefire make an AN19? That would let you run two 17500 cells and a P90.
I get it now. By looking at the picture of the adapter, it's hard to tell what size it is. However, since SF provides their own batteries with the light, it would make sense that you simply add a third 123 with the appropriate bulb that can handle the extra power. Thanks for the clarification on the size of the extender.