BEST LED HEAD FOR SF9P?

9P12volt

Newly Enlightened
I have a modded SF9P, that is pushing 12 volts (4xcr123) through a P91 lamp. The output is great, but not needed when carrying during daylight hours. I want to convert to LED for the day shifts, and know of a guy who uses the KL5 head with the same 12v configuration.

I have heard plenty agains this, but this guy was a SF dealer and it worked for him. will this work for me, and are there equal output heads from other manufacturers that would work, at a better price?

LEDcandle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, from what I know, the KL5 is rated for up to 9v and 12v would probably shorten the LED life (unless there's some regulator/convertor that will handle the access Vf, I'm not sure).

Also, the P91 is a 9v lamp, I'm surprised it's not blown with 4xCR123s powering it. There is a G&P G12 bulb that runs on 12v and supposedly puts out 200 lumens (in case your P91 dies from the excess voltage), but I'm not sure about LED options for 12v.

9P12volt

Newly Enlightened
So far ...so good...
I've been using that setup for about 6 months now (only one set of batteries), and it seems to be o.k. But now that I know...

Ignorance was bliss...

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
The new style KL3 is super! See this thread as well. I'm running it on a 6Z and just love it!! That extra cell would certainly increase my runtime (I've got an A19 cell extender on the way for that purpose), but i like the size and form of this:

resizeofnewkl3blk41ak.jpg

Latest posts