Does anybody own the Coleman 1MCP halogen spotlight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
The subject line says it all.
Does anybody own one of these spotlights?
I saw it in a catalogue not that long ago, and like any good flashaholic might, I ordered it.
It arrived this morning.

According to the instructional material, it is model # PCHV720.

It has a 55 watt halogen incandescent bulb, and has a 6 volt 4.8Ah sealed lead-acid rechargeable battery inside to feed that bulb with.

Does anybody think it's OK, or does anybody think it's a POS?

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might have it. Mine's a Coleman Powermate that i picked up for - i think - $10 during - i think - Radio Shack's father's day sale. I had to do some minor surgery because the recharging jack got pushed in. The beam isn't pretty, but it's got a decent amount of throw for the size. I say it's OK, but it's fairly easy to give something the benefit of the doubt when it cost $10.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, since I'm currently building a web page for it, here's a photograph of it:

pchv1.jpg

TOMTEC

Newly Enlightened
I've got one of those... Have had it for 2 years now! I picked up 3 of them from XSCargo (local liquidation/overstock store) for $15 CAD each. The came in Yellow or Black, and some were labeled Coleman, others Emerson, but all had identical packaging.

Not a bad unit, hot spot is oval shaped due to the orientation of the bulb filament. I get around 35-40 minutes of continuous run time from a full charge. Nice feature is the threaded attachment on the base that lets me attach it to a standard camera tripod for hands free operation.

TOMTEC

Misssit

Newly Enlightened
The_LED_Museum said:
The subject line says it all.
Does anybody own one of these spotlights?
I saw it in a catalogue not that long ago, and like any good flashaholic might, I ordered it.
It arrived this morning.

According to the instructional material, it is model # PCHV720.

It has a 55 watt halogen incandescent bulb, and has a 6 volt 4.8Ah sealed lead-acid rechargeable battery inside to feed that bulb with.

Does anybody think it's OK, or does anybody think it's a POS?
I also own one for two years, got mine at one of those portable tool sales that are held at different locations 4 times a year. The model number on my Coleman owner's Manuel says PCHV720. I would really appreciate some help regarding the charger. I have so many different chargers for different items that seem to be mixed up in a box. I can't seem to find what this charger say on it's charger (input, out put, model number etc. Can anyone help me?? I can't find this information in the manual.
Thank you,
Misssit

Status
Not open for further replies.